Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Black again
Previous  1  2

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 4:37 am
I hardly wear black tights. In winter colours are darker so I avoid black tights when I can.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 4:41 am
amother wrote:
I'm so jealous. I just moved to a new place with a very hot climate, and it's October and no tights weather in sight!

When we moved here, we moved after rosh hashana. Summer was finishing up where we left and winter was finishing up where we moved to. The winters here are also pretty mild. I remember thinking, 9-12 months of summer is too much for me, I want to wear some winter clothing. That was when I finally understood my mothers reasoning for wanting to move to ny from la. She was bored of the same weather all year round. Smile

mandr

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 7:25 am
Hashem loves me wrote:
Can you share what your comfy nude tights option is? I am still searching!

All along (since starting out with nude tights as a kid) I've always bought control top. Not that I needed it, but for some reason I was told (I guess) to get that. When you're sweaty in the summertime, control top just makes it unbearably itchy and hot and eww. So I decided to buy Hanes Silk Reflections (the color is Little Color) without control top, and a size bigger than what the box recommends for me. Bliss! So comfy. I can wear them all day without any discomfort.

When I was pregnant last year I couldn't tolerate the seam digging into my abdominal area so I bought the same tights in thigh-high version and those were fantastic too. So sometimes I wear those if my skirt is snug enough or denim, but when I dress up I'll wear the tights.

monseychick wrote:
Uh... Thats what slips are for....

Slips are very uncomfortable for me. Especially when getting into and out of a car. Plus it's either too short that it's not effective, or too long and protruding from the bottom of the skirt. For a looser skirt like a pleated uniform skirt, fine. But not for a pencil skirt style.

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 7:28 am
I love tights! I love fall clothes! I love booties! I love tights with fall clothes and booties! Yeehaw! Exclamation

I just hate the dreaded winter that follows fall and its beloved fashions...

(ETA: By booties I mean the shoe type, not the @ss type.)

amother

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 7:32 am
I just bought these in black for under my boots. http://www1.macys.com/shop/pro.....%3D37 I wouldn't have the guts to wear them otherwise because idi*ts would get the wrong idea, but they are so sophisticated and classy.

mandr

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 7:32 am
I can't stand fall because it's too short to get a full wardrobe, but winter lasts forever so I can allow myself more clothing for that season. I usually cheat with fall and wear spring stuff.

mandr

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 7:34 am
amother wrote:
I just bought these in black for under my boots. http://www1.macys.com/shop/pro.....%3D37 I wouldn't have the guts to wear them otherwise because idi*ts would get the wrong idea, but they are so sophisticated and classy.

Looks like the lady who sews seams on beige tights was thread-happy. Wink

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 9:44 am
amother wrote:

Very scandalous

amother

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 10:06 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
Very scandalous

Just in case anyone is interested in them. Here is the sizing:
•Size 1/2: height 5'2"-5'6", weight 100-135 lbs
•Size 3/4: height 5'5"-5'10", weight 130-170 lbs
•Size 1X-2X: height 5'0"-5'6", weight 150-200 lbs
•Size 3X-4X: height 5'6"-5'9", weight 185-240 lbs

pearly1

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 12:50 pm
Mandr what brand is your comfy nude tights ? I can't seem to find any

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 3:11 pm
newperl wrote:
Mandr what brand is your comfy nude tights ? I can't seem to find any

Below is what Mandr responded earlier.

mandr wrote:
All along (since starting out with nude tights as a kid) I've always bought control top. Not that I needed it, but for some reason I was told (I guess) to get that. When you're sweaty in the summertime, control top just makes it unbearably itchy and hot and eww. So I decided to buy Hanes Silk Reflections (the color is Little Color) without control top, and a size bigger than what the box recommends for me. Bliss! So comfy. I can wear them all day without any discomfort.

When I was pregnant last year I couldn't tolerate the seam digging into my abdominal area so I bought the same tights in thigh-high version and those were fantastic too. So sometimes I wear those if my skirt is snug enough or denim, but when I dress up I'll wear the tights.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 6:30 pm
amother wrote:
I was just wondering today, is it ok fashion wise- to wear black tights with a navy skirt?
If yes then what color shoes do I wear?

Thanks

Any fashion mavens know the answer to this one?

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 8:29 pm
amother wrote:
Any fashion mavens know the answer to this one?

If you live in a place wear it's not acceptable for a woman to wear navy tights, then of course black is ok. Black tights are ok with a navy skirt even in communities where women may wear whatever color tights they please. I say navy shoes, but it depends on the whole look. I also always liked navy and black and brown and black together even before it was in. Wear what you like!

mandr

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 7:33 am
Wearing black and navy together in one ensemble was a common fad recently. Just it can't be the old fashioned, dark kind of navy, more like a bluer navy (if that makes sense!).

Where I live lots of people wear black tights with navy skirts. And then black or blue shoes.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics