Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Move for pesach or new school year?

amother

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 7:39 pm
School aged kids are 9, 7, 5. Is it crazy to move for pesach, have them settle in school and then break for summer, then come back to school with another teacher etc? We're moving to a new country as well so there'll be a whole lot to get used to.

DH wants to go sooner because he'll need to wind up his job here soon but I'm thinking that if it can be done, it should rather be for July/August time?

morah

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 9:41 pm
Usually in these situations, the husband moves first and starts setting things up and getting started at the new job etc, and the family comes over once the school year wraps up. It will be harder on you, being alone for 2-3 months, but better for the kids and people do it all the time so it's hardly impossible.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 9:45 pm
Well I guess the logistics of how we'd do it could be worked out but I understand you're saying it makes more sense to wait for a new school year.

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 9:49 pm
If you can, moving over the summer is better for the kids.

alef12

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 10:45 pm
Don't move just before Pesach. It's lunacy, I've done it, despite my MIL's warnings (she had done it as well when her children were young). Needless to say she was right.
It's just way too stressful of a time to deal with the stress of moving as well. We moved in 4 days before Pesach. Nuts! Unless you are the type who goes to parents/ILS for Pesach or to a hotel. In which case, disregard everything I wrote LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating