Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Binyan blocks
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Prez

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 4:11 pm
I do not have these blocks yet. I have a pet peeve with customer service that is sadly lacking in local stores. I will keep an eye out for this item, and purchase it just because of the customer service. I am really impressed

Tova

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 5:31 pm
Yup - I AM impressed with ahuva's responsiveness. Ahuva - thanks for the PM.

ahuvaw1

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 7:47 am
Sure Tova and thanks to all for the compliments

If I can share part of the PM... when creating these products and trying to find the best option (content vs retail price), the designer asked my son "How many men do we need in the shul?" his response was 8. "why 8?"

"Cause with me and totty there will be 10"

I thought that was cute

bnm

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 8:22 am
I saw toys 4 u selling individual packs of 3 menchies. is there plans of coming out with duplo sized? my 3 year old wanted it but I didn't know if the shtreimel/hats/hair come off so I told him when he is older.

ahuvaw1

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 8:49 am
bnm: There are a couple things in the works but still not finalized. the hats & hair do come off so not recommended for little kids

asmileaday

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 8:49 am
Tova wrote:
I'm disappointed to hear that other posters got in touch with ahuva claiming to be the posters she mentioned that she would send freebies to. Not cool and surprising.

I believe this forum is open to the general public? So it could be any random person that impersonated her, not necessarily an imamother member.

ahuvaw1

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 8:55 am
to asmileaday:

I definitely agree.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Oct 24 2014, 12:13 pm
The Binyan Blocks mentchies and ambulance just arrived — thank you!

Packaging is solid and instructions appear to be clear. Lots of tiny pieces make them not suitable for younger children. My mentchies appear to be chossids, but I see they also make a Litvak set and a set of children. I haven't opened them yet so am not sure whether they are interchangeable with Legos.

I will have my sons take a look a bit later. They're adults but one still builds things like sections of the Beis HaMikdash out of Legos.

Duplo-size pieces would be an excellent additional product. My granddaughter is too young for Binyan Blocks but she loves Duplos — and especially the mentchies.

ahuvaw1

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 10:50 am
I have not heard back yet from some of the members we sent a free sample of Binyan Blocks to assess.
It has been over a month.

We have had the product reviewed by Baily Paluch who authored Boy oh Boy! and has a beautiful blog.

You can find her review here. btw, her book is fantastic

http://www.boyohboyblog.com/

Boy oh Boy

bnm

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 11:12 am
my kids still nudge for them each time they see it in the store. I promised them when you come out with Duplo size we will buy it right away.

dlcs

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 2:43 pm
We just bought my 6.5. Year old son a small set because he absolutely loves Lego. He is extremely disappointed and frustrated that the pieces do not hold together nicely. What a shame...

ahuvaw1

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 2:56 pm
dlcs,

Which product did you purchase?
And did you reach out to the company?

ahuvaw1

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 12:53 pm
still did not hear from dlcs.

If you are reading this please contact us at info@jmwtoys.com to explain the issue you are having.

thank you

ahuvaw1

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 8:58 am
We reached out a few times to the couple of people we sent free products to and have still not received feedback (other than a small comment above). They did send me an email that the items looked solid and promised a review, but not much more than that ever happened.

I also asked the user dlcs to send us some information so that we can be of help and have not heard from them either.

Really a shame.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 9:35 am
My adult son has put together the model you sent. He has not written down his review for me but has the following comments:

1) The model you sent has a design flaw. Rows of bricks should be staggered — right now the seam lines are directly above each other. Staggering the rows would increase stability of the product and make it less likely to fall apart during construction, especially for child builders.

2) Printing on "Hatzalah" etc instead of providing stick-on labels would look better as well as increase perceived value of Binyan Blocks.

3) The mentchies are very cute.

4) Pieces do not fit together as well as as Lego, which is not surprising — Lego has been around for many decades.

The Jewishness of Binyan Blocks is, for me and many others, the main reason for purchasing the product. Therefore, although I am sure there are people who would not, for example, buy a Lego fire station because it isn't Jewish, the biggest draw for me is in pieces that are not produced by Lego, which is why I was so happy to see mentchies sold separately. In the future, I would love to see some Duplo-sized Jewish-themed pieces: mentchies, sefer Torah, Shabbos-themed sets, etc.

I'm sorry it took so long for me to respond. I realize that Chanukah is fast approaching and that Binyan Blocks are on many wish lists. I wish you all success with your growing line of products.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 12:13 pm
Agreed that the pieces do not hold well together at all, really a shame. We have the shul. My in-laws got it for my kids last Chanukah and I told them not to get it for the other grandkids. If the construction changes please let us know!

dimples

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 12:49 pm
My mil is buying the Hatzolah set for my son this Chanukah... Will let you know what we think when we get it!

be good

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 7:26 pm
my 5 year old nephew has the haltzalah ambulance and loves it!

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 10:14 pm
Do any of you have the binyan blocks train station that's compatible with duplo? Would love info on quality of that. Thanks!

Last edited by amother on Wed, Mar 13 2019, 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

seeker

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 11:34 pm
Just because this is bumped up now anyway, I wanted to share that I spoke with someone from the makers of Binyan Blocks (not as a consumer, in a different context) and it seemed to me that they were exceptionally responsive to customer feedback and serious about updating each new release or production accordingly. So it's a shame that when the user here reached out for details about the negative experiences described, people didn't respond. They have an adorable concept and are working hard to make the products work better. I would love to hear if users have noticed an improvement since this thread was last active a year and a half ago.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics