Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
New sheital?

mfb

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 1:46 pm
Anyone know of a sheitel that sells for $500-$600 range approx. 18". I thought I would get either jap or irene but they b oth went up in price.

Tech_mom

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 2:04 pm
Mazali

mfb

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 2:12 pm
Where are they, and what prices?

Tech_mom

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 2:18 pm
brooklyn. they run sales in the 5T and Monsey before yom tov.

http://www.fortunewigs.com/hum......html

My mother has a bunch of wigs from them. She has very dark hair. Her wigs have held up beautifully. They haven't oxidized. The hair on hers hold a style without frizzing. She has encouraged me to buy one. I am a dirty blond, so I haven't taken the plunge thinking that it is much easier to get dark virgin hair.

adventuresOOT

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 7:09 pm
I have not had good experiences with Mazali.

The price was right, which tempted me initially, but the hair quality is poor and very reddish (which most likely means it's been dyed within an inch of its life to get it to the brown color from initially very dark black -- they source hair from Asia). It's sewn in very thick and looks wiggy. My goal was not to look like I wasn't wearing a sheitel, but these just look too clumpy and big on my head. (I wear a size M cap, so I don't think it's just that I have a big head.)

I bought it precut and the cut was choppy and not very good, in my opinion. Just weird angles that don't really make sense -- this is not how people wear their hair! If you look at the pictures on their site, most of the models have tons of hair in their faces... and that's exactly how it turned out for me. When I went to a sheitelmacher to get the bangs cut, she was very honest with me and explained that, given the way Mazali sews in the hair on their bangs, sometimes when they're cut they stick straight out like doll hair. Of the three Mazali sheitels I bought, that has happened on 2/3 of them when cut -- the bangs, which were once forever in my face, now look like a hacked-up Barbie doll. There are some cap construction issues as well, with wefts not fully sewn in, coming out of the box with hair sewn under the clips on the underside, etc., and customer service has been hit or miss over the phone.

I know others who are happy with their wigs from Fortune, but I think they have the higher level lines. Based on my experience, I would not recommend. Try a sheitel consignment business instead if you have one near you. That way, you can pay less but still get a sheitel with better quality construction and hair, or maybe one of these other lower-priced brands people have mentioned.

Hatzlacha on the never-ending hunt for comfortable/high quality/affordable... I'm there with you!

sky

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 7:20 pm
I have a Mazali that I bought about 4 years ago for 250 at a sale. I had it cut by someone else. Its about 16" I think. If it would have lasted me 2 years for that price I would have been thrilled.
Its straight hair, I wear it with bangs very simple straight down, not curled or glamorous, which I think makes it look more authentic. I haven't washed it in a really, really, really, really long time, and I was in 7-11 the other day and the lady couldn't stop talking about how gorgeous may hair is - go figure (its not even such a gorgeous wig at this point, but easy to wear and care for).

And it hasn't oxidized.

but buying a sheitel is "mazal". Someone else bought a blond Mazali at a sale 2 years ago and the hair looks dried out and frazzled. Mine is black which is an easier color.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels