Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Ever nervous posting on imamother?

rzab

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 12:44 pm
I posted something yesterday, really just to vent more then anything else.
Today I feel really gross about it. What if the person I was complaining about saw it and realized it was her? Even though no one knows my name, I feel like I just spoke major loshon harah.
it also doesn't make me feel better that people have been attacking each other on that thread. I feel like I caused fighting.

Does anyone have similar feelings after posting?

sky

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 12:45 pm
Yes, at least now you can change details as amother.

If I ever create a threat to vent I try to change details, staying true to the original issue, but changing most identifying details.

chani8

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 12:53 pm
Venting on imamother is not LH, but yes, at first it does feel like that. The fighting is just people trying to get their points across but things get tangled up in the brevity of the written word and the inability to show emotions and expressions which soften words in real life. Don't worry about it, you didn't cause strife.

m in Israel

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 12:57 pm
I have made it a habit to reread my posts whenever I am posting anything at all emotional or controversial, before posting. More often than not, as I reread I either edit or decide not to post altogether. Those extra few seconds I think have really prevented me from posting many things that I would have likely later regretted!

little_mage

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 1:21 pm
I have probably closed more half-written posts then I have posted.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 1:22 pm
Am nervous all of the time when I post personal things. I have a lot of different nisayons in my life so I post a lot as amother, but I am still nervous that people figure me out somehow.

rzab

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 8:22 pm
I know its not actually LH, it just has the same guilty feeling.

I guess I can stick to the parve posts about laundry, recipes and shopping, but I noticed that doesn't reallyget so much of a response Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette