Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Which Space Heater in Baby's Bedroom?

abmom

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 11:46 pm
My baby's bedroom is always cold, probably because it's the furthest room from the thermostat. I want to get a space heater, but I'm worried that it might be a fire hazard. Does anyone know which model is safe? My baby can't get out of the crib, so I'm not really worried that she'll touch it, but I prefer one that's cool to the touch. I don't have carpet. the room is probably about 15'x15' or bigger. Thank you all so much in advance!

scrltfr

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 3:05 am
abmom wrote:
My baby's bedroom is always cold, probably because it's the furthest room from the thermostat. I want to get a space heater, but I'm worried that it might be a fire hazard. Does anyone know which model is safe? My baby can't get out of the crib, so I'm not really worried that she'll touch it, but I prefer one that's cool to the touch. I don't have carpet. the room is probably about 15'x15' or bigger. Thank you all so much in advance!

I have the dyson blade less. It's expensive but in my opinion the best and safest out there.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 3:27 am
I would dress baby super warmly. A fleece sleeper with pajamas underneath and if needed a sweatshirt on top. Not sure I am comfortable with a heater in baby's room.

abmom

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 11:34 pm
Thanks! The Dyson is wayyy too expensive! And that room is freezing. Layering is not enough.

spring13

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 11:51 pm
We've got this one from Target: http://www.target.com/p/honeyw.....44653

It's cool to the touch, and had a safety feature that turns it off automatically if the unit tips or falls. It has a good variety of settings and is a very good price. It easily handles a medium sized bedroom, I haven't tried it in a bigger one. If you don't have a suitable surface to put it on, you can buy a small wall shelf to hold it, that way you can keep it more out of reach.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics