Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Plz help me find a dress/gown for teen for cousins wedding

amother

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 2:39 pm
Please post links or suggest stores in brooklyn for a teen girl age 14/15 to find gown to wear to cousins wedding (so not too fancy). Looking for something nice but still bais yaakov looking, don't really like strap sleaves, cutout backs, etc. I tried nordstrom but couldn't find anything. Thx.

mommyofd1

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 9:54 pm
have you tried the jewish gown stores, like bridal direct? is she limited to a specific color? is sleeveless ok(with a shell)?

amother

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 10:19 pm
Try exquisite on new Utrecht /53. They have 2 piece gowns which look like an elegant outfit yet the skirt is long till the floor...of course u can shorten it.
Try teen bride on east 4 or 5. She has same idea but only one style different colors.
Anyone else is much fancier and for sibs wedding

amother

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 10:29 pm
Go to teen boutique. She has what you need. Id go for a dressy skirt with a pretty top, maybe a dressy necklace to accessorize- I don't know what kind of look works for your community, but a shell would be good and so would a pretty blouse. Good luck!

sushi galore

Post Thu, Oct 23 2014, 10:45 pm
If you're not looking to spend a lot, try fashion island on coney island ave they have a nice variety for cheaper.
Actually Mrs k will have too.
Good Luck!! Smile

amother

Post Sat, Oct 25 2014, 10:01 pm
Thanks so much for the suggestions. I tried fashion island, everything was too mature for her except one dress cut out in the back which I don't like. A shell would be ok, definitely. What is Mrs. K, I never heard of it. My dd prefers a 1 piece over a 2 piece, maybe if we see something nice she will go for it though.

chanee

Post Sat, Oct 25 2014, 10:17 pm
A vote a again for exquisite on New Utrecht and Teen Boutique. Probably Mrs K on New Utrecht/ 45'th also. They all have stunning stuff.

mommyofd1

Post Sun, Oct 26 2014, 4:51 pm
does she need a specific color? whats her taste in clothing (simple, sparkly, mature, print, lace.....)?

mommyofd1

Post Sun, Oct 26 2014, 4:52 pm
also how much money are you willing to spend?

4Sisters

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 8:49 pm
not the OP, but I'm looking for the same thing BUT I'm OOT. I haven't found any of these stores online (I checked every one that was suggested). Are there any frum stores that are online for dressy gowns? I'd love it if Little White Dress was online.....But they're not.....

Thanks!

mommyofd1

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 9:25 pm
4 sisters- would you consider buying online from a store like Nordstrom or davids bridal and get it altered or put a shell?

4Sisters

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 10:17 pm
I'm fine online as long as it's a US company. I have spent the past few months looking online and the Chinese companies seem to all have a horrible reputation when it comes to customer service (and who wants to pay for international shipping and a restocking fee if it looks horrible?!)

I have checked out Nordstrom and pretty much any other place I can think of (actually got a dress for younger dd at Nordstrom, but everything for the tween market is crazy short. And my dd is crazy tall!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics