Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
How do I get rid of dandruff?!?!

Dolly1

Post Sat, Oct 25 2014, 2:38 pm
No matter how hard I try, and how well I scrub, ds´s head is full of dandruff. You know, the one that sticks to the scalp? It drives me nuts. how do I get rid of it?!?!

ReallyRosie

Post Sat, Oct 25 2014, 4:07 pm
Try assuming it's an allergic reaction to the shampoo. Avalon scalp treatment is what I use, and it prevents the dandruff reaction. Shampooing with it every day is the solution that worked for me.
A quick fix: egg yolk, 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt anf some lemon juice. Mix and put it on the scalp like a mask. Leave for a half hour, and rinse with cool water. It will stop the reaction that causes dandruff, but only until he next shampoo - assuming it's an allergic reaction.

Mimisinger

Post Sat, Oct 25 2014, 4:17 pm
If it's stuff to the scalp, it's most likely not dandruff but ecxema. You have to find out what the kid is allergic to and then take it out of their diet. That will usually make it better, but it will probably stay there. THere's not much you can do. But, scrubbing does make it worse.

See your doctor and see what they say,

flmommy

Post Sat, Oct 25 2014, 5:12 pm
How old is DS? Could it be cradlecap?

zaq

Post Sat, Oct 25 2014, 6:50 pm
If this is a very young child and the scalp is not just flaking but has big scaly patches, it's probably cradle cap. Apply slightly warmed olive oil (if you have no olive oil, baby oil or salad oil will do), let soak in for 20 minutes to an hour or more, gently scrub the scaly patches with a nail brush, and shampoo. Repeat every few days or as often as necessary to keep the condition under control.

Scrabble123

Post Sat, Oct 25 2014, 6:53 pm
If the child is older you can try rotating shampoos. Once day head and shoulders, one day t-sal, one day selsun blue. Let the shampoo sit on the scalp for 5-10 minutes and then wash off. It takes a few weeks to see an improvement. I have actually heard of people using selsun blue for babies that have cradle cap at the advice of their doctors (I wouldn't suggest that unless you ask a doctor though).

SingALong

Post Sat, Oct 25 2014, 7:26 pm
Maybe take your kid to a dermatologist. I had dandruff that wouldn't wuit, tried every dandruff product out there. I went to skin dr he told me is psoriasis. He gave me a foam cream to smear on scalp daily. Works wonders.

Dolly1

Post Sun, Oct 26 2014, 12:42 am
Thanks so much for all ur suggestions... Will try them and see which one works best!! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries