Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Breastfed baby with babysitter

Mide7

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 11:13 am
I am going back to work and leaving my 2.5 month old baby with a babysitter. I pump milk and have heard that the amount that should be offered to a baby is between 3-5 ounces and that the time varies form between every 2 hours to every 3.5 hours. Does anyone have experience with breastfed babies and how much pumped milk they take and the frequency of feedings?

wifenmother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 11:19 am
Every baby is different. Some of my kids had 5 oz, some were satisfied with 4, and one took only 3-3.5. How frequently are you nursing your baby now? And if you pump right before a feeding, how many oz does your baby take?

LiLIsraeli

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 11:25 am
I pump 4-5 ounces per bottle and leave 2-3 bottles for a six-hour day. Baby usually drank 2 the most and the third was just in case. Now that my baby is a little older and eating some food, I give only two bottles. Sometimes she doesn't even need the second bottle.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 11:27 am
What are the hours your baby is going to be there? I would NOT send more than 3 ounces in a bottle at 2.5 months. Depending on the hours will depend on how many bottles. I would leave an extra 2 ounce bottle in a freezer there in case the bottles you send do not suffice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics