Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Horton/Bates townhouse

ftmother

Post Sun, Oct 26 2014, 4:33 pm
Does anyone know how I can set up an appointment to view one of the new townhouses and an apartment? I went to their website and called the number but the number doesn't ring. Any ideas?? Does anyone know how much they're going for?

tulips12

Post Sun, Oct 26 2014, 4:49 pm
As far as I know they were built and sold about five years ago and each unit has it's own owner. Did they build any more houses in that project that you know of?

tulips12

Post Sun, Oct 26 2014, 4:52 pm
I know that the wiener area wasn't built all at once and another builder just built a couple of more houses but I haven't heard anything about more houses being built on bates. Maybe someone living on those streets can let you know if there are or not any new houses for sale.

ftmother

Post Sun, Oct 26 2014, 6:33 pm
They were/still are building some on witzel ct that's why I got excited. My husband did ask a friend who was able to tell him how much the new ones are going for I think, just figured I might be able to get a little more info here? Smile

ftmother

Post Sun, Oct 26 2014, 6:34 pm
Where's weiner area?

tulips12

Post Sun, Oct 26 2014, 9:39 pm
Wiener Butterman and Gibs is off route 306 next to Calvert Dr. Don't know what type of area you are looking for. It's a chassidish crowd

amother

Post Sun, Oct 26 2014, 9:51 pm
Why don't you call Diedenfeld, the developer and builder of terrace view? He lives on Bates? He'll be able to direct you further.

ftmother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 5:47 am
Good idea! Do you have his number or know how I might be able to get in contact with him?

ftmother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 5:56 am
Oh and I am looking for Chassidish crowd but I need something that's closer to a shopping center too. I won't have access to a car most of the time.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 8:35 am
Talk to some of the homeowners before you purchase. They are extremely poorly built. They used cheap Chinese kitchens. They didn't put insulation over the garage and the kitchen freezes during the winter. They didn't use the doors specified, etc. The builder took major shortcuts. There are a group of homeowners who are in the process of litigating these and other issues. Watch out for these builders. Find a reputable builder from someone who lives in a dwelling they built.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 10:44 am
To the poster above me- beware of ppl spreading loshon hora !
The construction is great mostly, there were some kinks- not any more than if ud hire a contractor to build a house of ur own ... They missed insulation by garage - fixed it for those who asked (Experience with both)
But as far as I know all the witzel units are sold so ur only chance is to find someone that wants to re sell Confused
Disclaimer- I don't know this from someone incharge or the like, however they all have someone living in them as far as I know.
Ps. I think they want to build a few more but the homeowners are trying to stop it, so it may take a while

Hatzlacha

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 11:56 am
amother wrote:
To the poster above me- beware of ppl spreading loshon hora !
The construction is great mostly, there were some kinks- not any more than if ud hire a contractor to build a house of ur own ... They missed insulation by garage - fixed it for those who asked (Experience with both)
But as far as I know all the witzel units are sold so ur only chance is to find someone that wants to re sell Confused
Disclaimer- I don't know this from someone incharge or the like, however they all have someone living in them as far as I know.
Ps. I think they want to build a few more but the homeowners are trying to stop it, so it may take a while

Hatzlacha

The construction is horrible and second rate. How it passed inspection is questionable. This was said by an professional I brought in who inspected the units at the request of the homeowner. The construction you would receive if you hired a good builder would substantially be better.

There are multiple parties either suing or looking to sue as of last spring. AFAIK they are not replacing the kitchens which are the lowest grade of cabinets. How the builder in good conscience do this to those with large families is beyond me.

As I said, talk to current home owners. As of last spring the builder was not so forth coming with repairs. To repair the insulation missing from the garages, the builder world have to rip open walls in every unit.

Check the prospectus and then look at the substitutes the builder used. The prospectus clearly calls for one type of item and the builder substituted items of lesser value making the homeowners freeze.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 12:34 pm
The other amother-
I know a lot of ppl on witzel and this is not what they r saying. There are issues with the street ie missing stop signs etc. but the kitchen is nice and decnent wood cabinets. I know more than one person who got the insulation....
And again, I don't think there are any available as of now

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 1:00 pm
I was involved with Horton/Bates as in the thread title. The fix for the insulation is pretty invasive in the walls must be torn open to fix it properly. If witzel is the same builder, then I personally would run fast away.

There are issues with these units and the question as to how they got passed the building inspector is still an open question.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 1:31 pm
I hope ur very closely involved to make such allegations. Regardless I believe it is lh and not answering to op question.
She did not ask about the insulation etc. (which btw I was actually incharge of someone's house while they did it babysitting and it was not SUCH a big deal, not pleasant, but ok reason not to buy a house)
She asked about availability and I answered.
I do not deny that there are issues with some things, but the builder is Jewish so unless she's practically able to buy there and interested, the details are not relevant

ftmother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 5:28 pm
The truth is I would like to buy in that area, but if nothing is available than I guess I'll have to look elsewhere. It is good to know if the building wasn't good, though obviously I would go see one myself before buying. Thank you both for your responses!

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 5:50 pm
amother wrote:
I hope ur ve ry closel they involved to make such allegations. Regardless I believe it is lh and not answering to op question.
She did not ask about the insulation etc. (which btw I was actually incharge of someone's house while they did it babysitting and it was not SUCH a big deal, not pleasant, but ok reason not to buy a house)
She asked about availability and I answered.
I do not deny that there are issues with some things, but the builder is Jewish so unless she's practically able to buy there and intaerested, the details are not relevant

Of course the builder is Jewish and frum. If she is thinking of buying the she should know that there are issues.

It is a major reason not to buy a house if the builder substituted shoddy materials for those the architect specified.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating