Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Would you pay 1000 shekel/300 dollars to fix ipad

ludicrous

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 4:00 pm
my ipad got water damage and a technician told me it would cost 1000 shekel/some 300 dollars to fix the ipad
the ipad itself is around 4 or 5 months old
would you pay that much to replace it?

monseychick

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 4:02 pm
Israel, I don't really now.. If someone can bring you from America, for less than 300 you can get a brand new Ipad on ebay

bnm

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 4:03 pm
I don't know. we paid 135 to fix someones so thats all we paid for it but then the kids dropped it, tech had said case is good, it wasn't..... I'm hesitating to pay that again. I think for 300 you can get an ipad mini

ludicrous

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 4:05 pm
I know, but I don't want an ipad mini, because I need something bigger, I don't like small prints, and I know it's not that much of a difference in size, but to me it matters.
is there a risk of the appliance not being as good/effective once it is repaired?
not sure what to do....

kb

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 4:10 pm
Where did you buy it? Aren't all apple products covered under their warrantee for the first year?

ludicrous

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 4:38 pm
op here
I just spoke to apple and since I didn't purchase warrantee within 60 days of when I bought the ipad it would be 299 dollars to repair it
would you do it?

doctorima

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 4:43 pm
Any chance you bought it with an American Express? They sometimes provide additional warranty more than the manufacturer, or refund purchases if they break within a certain period (though that might be limited to 3 months)? If you did, it's worth calling to try.

Also, have you given it a few days to dry out and see if it improves? Sometimes electronics with water damage are fine when they dry out. Put it in a zip-loc bag with rice for 3-4 days and see if it works again.

ludicrous

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 4:48 pm
no, I didn't pay with American express
after my water bottle spilled in my purse I put the ipad in rice a few hours later, and it sat in rice for over a week
any other suggestions?

kb

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 5:02 pm
I don't know what size you have, but it looks like you can buy a new one for only a bit more. I think I'd rather buy a new one than invest in repairing a water-damaged piece - AND GET A WARRANTEE!!! for the new one.

I wonder if you could sell the broken one to one of these fix-it places for parts. You probably wouldn't get much, but whatever you did get would be more than nothing.

ludicrous

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 5:04 pm
I have an ipad air
it is a 200 dollar difference
is it still worth it?

Raisin

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 5:56 pm
Once our ipad cracked and my husband ordered a new screen and replaced it himself. The ipad has been going strong for several years since then...(we got a much stronger case).

ludicrous

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 6:02 pm
where did he buy a new screen?
how did he replace it?

Raisin

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 6:21 pm
online somewhere...if you know the parts you need and are a bit tech-y it can work. It does take a long time...

you can try this website ifixit.com
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics