Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
School Pictures

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 6:36 pm
How to handle school pictures? On the one hand it saves me the trouble of taking individual pictures of my child--especially b/c my 4yr old can be a little bit phobic of portraits and the school environment may be more familiar and therefore he might cooperate better. On the other hand it's expensive (cheapest package is $25) and right now money is REALLY tight for us. I just know that it's a take-it-or-leave-it opportunity. My DH isn't as sentimental and might not see this as "important", I am sentimental and want to be able to kvell over my son's pictures. I don't think we'll be able to get school pictures for every child down the road, so why set a precedent now? The packages that the school is offering are relatively inexpensive considering I know what most places charge--but it's only one child (only one of my kids is in school now)

bnm

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 7:42 pm
growing up we didn't buy the individual, my parents only bought the class picture every second year. They did try to take professionals once a year so we already had individual pix.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 6:45 am
I would take

flmommy

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 7:59 am
If money is tight I would skip it. Take your own picture and frame it

amother

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 11:12 pm
So surprisingly my husband thought getting the cheapest package was a good idea.

I would take my own pictures, but as cute as he is, it's hard to photograph him well.

If nothing else he's been phobic of portraits and last year it took me 3 times to take him to the studio b4 I got ANYTHING--the ones I got were good, but he had to hold my phone in the picture and if you look carefully you can tell he's been crying. So I'm hoping that this experience will help him get over the fear of portraits--b/c he's done well in school for things that I thought would be hard for him.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers