Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Baby wipes recalled due to bacterial contamination

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 10:10 am
I just saw this on CNN, and figured that it may be applicable to many posters here:

"(CNN) -- Nutek Disposables of Pennsylvania has issued a voluntary recall for its baby wipes because some packages may contain a bacteria that's often resistant to common antibiotics.

The wipes being recalled are: Cuties, Diapers.com, Femtex, Fred's, Kidgets, Member's Mark, Simply Right, Sunny Smiles, Tender Touch and Well Beginnings.

They were sold to: Walgreens, Sam's Club, Family Dollar, Fred's and Diapers.com.

After it received some complaints of discoloration and an odor, Nutek said it conducted tests and found that some of the products contained the bacteria, Burkholderia cepacia (B. cepacia).

B. cepacia poses no risk to healthy people. But those with weakened immune systems or lung diseases, could be infected.

The company said it has received several reports of rashes, irritation and fever -- but "these reports have not been confirmed to be related to the use of these products."

Nutek hasn't yet pinpointed how the bacteria got into the supply. It has stopped shipping baby wipes made in that facility.

You can return the wipes for a full refund where you bought it. If you have questions, you can call the company at 1-855-646-4351, Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/28/.....hp_t2
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics