Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Getting 14mo to drink milk

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 9:07 am
So when Ds turned a year we gave him milk and he drank it (not tons but a 3-5 oz a day) so I stopped pumping and that was that. Now tho he REFUSES any milk. he will take one sip and then push it away and turn his head away. He is getting yogurt (4-6oz) and cheese and he drinks tons of water (and juice on shabbos) so do I have to be worried?

we tried in a bottle, in a sippy, in a straw sippy, warmed, cold and room temp, with chocolate milk etc etc but hes not taking it. and I cant go back to pumping.

Any ideas? Should we push it or get him calcium and vitamins from other foods?

TY

2gether

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 9:32 am
nothing to be worried about,he's getting calcium.

little_mage

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 10:15 am
My son doesn't drink milk. It seems to bother some people, but he eats it with his cereal (he'd eat cereal and milk for every meal if I let him), and eats plenty of cheese.

Chippies

Post Mon, Nov 03 2014, 6:35 pm
First of all, I really don't think it's such a big deal if your son doesn't drink milk as long as he is eating yogurt and cheese (and other calcium-rich foods) regularly. That said, have you tried all the different flavours and types of milk? One of my kids was very picky - she only drank chocolate almond milk for a while. You could try buying syrup (chocolate, caramel, vanilla or strawberry should be easily available) which you can try out with different types of milk (almond, soy, rice or coconut if he is refusing cow's milk). I've also bought yogurt drinks which my kids tend to consume in larger quantities than they would for regular yogurt. Good luck!

amother

Post Mon, Nov 03 2014, 6:39 pm
someone gave me this idea and it worked. Feed your DC cheerios and milk with a spoon. I used the bowl with a straw and before I knew it my DC wanted to drink the milk from the straw.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics