Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Going to Israel IH for Chanukah

avi0903

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 3:48 pm
Hi all - I'm I"H going to Israel for Chanuka, and have a very small budget. I will be based in Yerushalayim. Does anyone have any ideas on affordable hotels and/or people who rent out apartments by the week? I'm going with my daughter to visit some relatives, but they don't have room for us. If possible, we would want to stay near the Tachana so it's easy to travel, or somewhere where the bus line is nearby and accessable to Yerushalayim. Thanks!

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 12:18 pm
Bumping this.

flmommy

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 12:20 pm
We will be in Israel Same time G-D willing. Maybe we will see you there. Wink

chani4

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 8:38 pm
Me too!

guest21

Post Sat, Nov 01 2014, 6:33 pm
http://www.tripadvisor.com has rentals

amother

Post Sun, Nov 02 2014, 4:57 am
Our (non-frum) relatives usually stay at the allenby bed and breakfast. It's right next to the tachana. It's a b&b, not a hotel, but it's a cute with a small garden outside (though it will be colder by chanuka!). Nice place and much cheaper than a hotel. They also have apartments for rent (though I don't know if they're available now).

Otherwise, right next to the tachana is the jerusalem gate hotel, but I'd assume it's expensive.

catonmylap

Post Sun, Nov 02 2014, 5:43 am
airb&b
jtownrentals
My Jerusalem Apartments
craigslist
http://www.athomeinisrael.com/

Check sites above... check more than one, especially if they offer you something else that is not on their website.. The big 'agencies' work with each other and will rent you one from one of the other agencies for a higher price so they get a cut of it too..

If it's a luxury apartment, and you aren't a lot of people, it may be cheaper to go to a cheaper hotel. Try bookings.com or one of the other hotel sites for comparison. I'm seeing about $420 for Jerusalem Gold hotel for 7 nights...

chani8

Post Sun, Nov 02 2014, 5:55 am
I highly recommend checking out booking.com. We found affordable zimmers that way. A zimmer is either an apartment or a bed'n'breakfast (but the breakfasts are optional if it's a private home).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics