Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How often do you change your linen on bed
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 9:15 am
Every other week when the cleaning lady is here. When she's on vacation, it's more like once a month. I find changing linen very exhausting and I try to avoid it when I can.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 10:18 am
I change our and two older kids every Thursday (myslef, no lady). The two younger ones between pampers and bottles need be changed at least two/four times week. I love having fresh linen, always dream about having a maid that'll change it daily for me!

Fabulous

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 10:32 am
when I did it myself, every two weeks.

Now that I have cleaning help: every week.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 11:28 am
invisiblecircus wrote:
I change it once a week before Shabbat. Very occasionally, if I'm running very late or am sick, I'll leave it on for 10 days and change it on a Monday instead of a Friday.

We have a matress protector, sheet, duvet, pillow protectors and pillow cases. The matress protector and pillow protectors get changed less frequently, I don't really have a schedule for them but I usually put them in the wash with the White linens.

In the winter I sometimes put a blanket over my duvet. That doesn't get washed weekly. Usually once or twice the Whole winter, if that (unless it gets dirty.)

My toddler's linen gets washed once a week too unless it gets dirty before (which it often does.)

Baby's linen gets changed whenever it needs, maybe three times a week.

I'm a SAHM with a toddler and a baby, no cleaning help and no drier or outside space to dry laundry.

Another think Im dong wrong? Are those bolded things really supposed to be washed? I dont think Ive ever changed/ washed them in our 5 yrs of marriage embarrassed

Elbowmac

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 8:04 pm
Used to be 1x every 2 weeks, or sooner if needed.

I came to the realization when my LO was 3 months old that I would either have to change my sheets 4-5 times a week, or learn to not care as much about having spit up on my bed.

Guess which I chose Rolling Laughter

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 8:18 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
My housekeeper is cleaner than I am (and probably cleaner than you, based on your post LOL )

Probably (and you don't want to know what I sleep in...let's just say not freshly laundered pj's that I change every night or two...it really is gross but whatever) but my own filth doesn't bother me. I don't even want cleaning help to touch linen enough to push bed over to sweep. It just grosses me out.

Blueberry Muffin

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 9:00 pm
I change linen and duvet covers every two weeks myself. I have a cleaning lady once a week - although I would love to have her do this job, I rather her spend the time cleaning the house and cleaning bathrooms. I do all of the laundry and the Linens myself
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics