Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Has anyone tried the 17 day diet?

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 7:49 am
Someone recommended my post teen the 17 day diet. I have never heard of it and want to find out from those who actually have experience.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 9:25 am
I have not tired it. I would talk her out of any diet. I assume the diet is easy to follow for 17 days but then what? I have recently been trying diets and while you can stick to them for some time it doesn't last and when it ends the weight comes back. Maybe a nutritionist could give more helpful advice or someone who has done the diet.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 9:32 am
amother wrote:
I have not tired it. I would talk her out of any diet. I assume the diet is easy to follow for 17 days but then what? I have recently been trying diets and while you can stick to them for some time it doesn't last and when it ends the weight comes back. Maybe a nutritionist could give more helpful advice or someone who has done the diet.

Op here. I actually did the diet center diet some time ago and lost almost 60 lbs in 4 mnths.
I have sought of adopted that way of life and kept it off all these yrs. It's just eating healthy.. no crazy no no's except sugar and white flour which are super easy to substitute. And if I "cheat " here and there on fat food it doesn't harm nor show.
My teen+ is obese and needs to follow a diet.

cheeseblintz

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 9:58 am
I did this diet and it worked great. Lost about 10 lbs postpartum.

naomi2

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 4:57 pm
It's fad and will be hard to maintain. it will probably end with the dieter gaining plus more when it's over.

I love the "diet" that you described as your own. that should work for anyone.

also look into the emotional aspect. maybe your child could benefit from oa or plain therapy so that she can begin to eat mindfully.

also, if said child is living at home, you have some control over the menu and you can make healthy choices available for her. ie don't have junk or fattening foods around.

chillax

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 5:16 pm
A friend of mine did it and lost a lot of weight. She looks great!

ruby slippers

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 5:42 pm
What is the diet center diet?

cotton candy

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 6:00 pm
I did it. I lost a lot of weight and kept it off till I was pregnant again. I never had an obesity issue though so it's probably better for her to work with a nutritionist or an oa program. It's not something I could see someone keeping to long term.

Tweedy

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 6:31 pm
What is this diet about? How does it work?

cotton candy

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 6:44 pm
there's a dr who wrote the book. he makes 4 sets of 17 days in which u need to follow a very strict diet. the first 17 days u basically clean your body out eating only very specific fruits veggies and proteins. each set of days he adds a bunch of more things you can eat. the last 17 days is how to keep it the rest of your life by teaching yourself to eat minimal during the week and giving yourself some treats on weekends. He also has you eating a lot of probiotics green tea.... and other healthy things that r scientifically proven to help u lose weight (according to his book. don't really know if it's true)

ruby slippers

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 7:20 pm
ok - will try to look the book up on amazon- Shabbos is the hardest part!!!!

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 7:25 pm
naomi2 wrote:
It's fad and will be hard to maintain. it will probably end with the dieter gaining plus more when it's over.

I love the "diet" that you described as your own. that should work for anyone.

also look into the emotional aspect. maybe your child could benefit from oa or plain therapy so that she can begin to eat mindfully.

also, if said child is living at home, you have some control over the menu and you can make healthy choices available for her. ie don't have junk or fattening foods around.

I agree!!

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 11:46 pm
Definitely buy the book and workbook on amazon. Used is fine. He explains the logic behind his theory. Yes, beginning excludes carbs but no limit on lean proteins and veggies. 2 yogurt 2 fruits and green tea at each meal. Lots of water and 17 min exercise each day.It adds a few things every 17 days. I did first phase a few times and lost 20 lbs. now I do maintenance. It is good to do it with a buddy to encourage each other. Good luck.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise