Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Phil & teds smart luxe vs mountain buggy cosmopolitan

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 6:23 am
Does anyone have either of these strollers? At first I was considering the city mini/city mini gt just because that's basically what all of my friends have Smile but then I was thinking that I really would like something where the baby can face me and that is not an option in the city mini. When I saw the smart luxe and cosmopolitan I really liked how the actual seat turns into a bassinet. I don't want to buy a separate bassinet because they're expensive to only use for a short amount of time and I don't really have storage space to keep it in after the baby grows out of it. I also like how its a bassinet but still has buckles bc it would make me nervous to push a baby in a bassinet around it if wasn't strapped in.
Anyone have any experience with either of these?

goforit

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 6:57 am
amother wrote:
Does anyone have either of these strollers? At first I was considering the city mini/city mini gt just because that's basically what all of my friends have Smile but then I was thinking that I really would like something where the baby can face me and that is not an option in the city mini. When I saw the smart luxe and cosmopolitan I really liked how the actual seat turns into a bassinet. I don't want to buy a separate bassinet because they're expensive to only use for a short amount of time and I don't really have storage space to keep it in after the baby grows out of it. I also like how its a bassinet but still has buckles bc it would make me nervous to push a baby in a bassinet around it if wasn't strapped in.
Anyone have any experience with either of these?

In general mountain buggy makes stronger strollers than Phill&reds. These stroller are very different than the city mini. The Citi mini is more a everything stroller, travel, new born,(you can get a bassinet) everyday. The other two are for strolling around big basket for shopping but not for a bus train... They are heavy and wide, but comfortable for the baby. If you have another lightweight or planning to get another stroller then go for the bigger one. Good luck

goforit

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 7:02 am
Double post

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 1:35 pm
thanks so much! they are both 6lbs heavier than the city mini but the smart luxe is actually narrower then the city mini and the cosmopolitan is only like half an inch wider... Do you really think they wouldn't be good to use for public transportation?

goforit

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 4:39 am
amother wrote:
thanks so much! they are both 6lbs heavier than the city mini but the smart luxe is actually narrower then the city mini and the cosmopolitan is only like half an inch wider... Do you really think they wouldn't be good to use for public transportation?

My friend has the mountain buggy and she never closes it. 6lbs is a big difference. The way the city mini folds is what makes it easy to travel. The city mini is not very strong. Also Phil&Teds are made cheap. The mountain buggy is very strong. It will look like new after a few years. The traviling with the stroller is what kills it. So to make the expensive one last longer I always had a cheaper one for travling steps.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 10:06 pm
I've also been debating between these two strollers.
There's also the lighter Phil and Teds' Smart (as opposed to Smart Luxe).
I plan to go and try them out - that's really the only way.
(though I was hoping for a clear cut preference on this thread!!)

Anyone with firsthand experience?

hlweee

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 10:47 pm
I have the mountain buggy, and love it. I also have a maclaren for traveling. Don't know abt the Phil and teds.

Tekky

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 3:23 am
btw - a lot of stores are having a promotion that you get a free car seat with either of those strollers

amother

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 6:24 am
hlweee wrote:
I have the mountain buggy, and love it. I also have a maclaren for traveling. Don't know abt the Phil and teds.

You have the cosmopolitan? Do you think it would be too hard to use if I usually travel by busses?

amother

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 4:33 pm
Anyone else? I'm not OP, but I'm in the same dilemma, I was hoping to hear experiences of the Smart Lux...

misteray

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 4:48 pm
Not specifically answering anything, but fwiw afaik p&t own mb now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics