Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Chai Lifeline Walkathon and other organizations then

amother

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 6:39 am
It's incredible how many friends and relatives come out of the grave when they need to fundraise money for their walkathon/ marathon or bikeathon. Suddenly everyone gets concerned that you did not respond to their email or text and will actually call somebody to see if you are alive because they need to raise a certain amount of money to run or bike. But if this same neighbor or relative didn't see you at any family or close friends simcha they would not bother trying to call you or ask somebody if everything is okay. Please don't call me for $ if I don't speak you on a daily basis. I have enough tzedakah to give out to causes that are more dear to me. I don't need to be bullied to give to your organization because you want a free vacation to Florida. I can't stand how many emails we get for the same organization for the exact same thon. I don't feel obligated to even give you $18.00.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 7:21 am
I know. There are just so many marathons I can contribute to chai lifeline already. Stop sending me links!

amother

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 8:26 am
I agree. I have people I didn't speak to in months and now suddenly texting me all friendly how are you etc. we didn't speak in so long, im desperate can you please give me money it's tzedoka.

Op j just ignored the link and I don't care for such friends like thst people who only remember about you when they need you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette