Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Washing diff types of towels

amother

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 11:36 am
do u wash dish / kitchen / bath towels together? or do separate loads for each type? why or why not.

I try to do separate but don't always have a full load. then I lump e/t together and always wonder if its really gross. no one has contracted any weird disease so far, so I guess its ok, but just wondering...

Chayalle

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 11:55 am
I wash them all together. Except for 1 set of cream towels that I wash separately, due to color.

supermama2

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 11:59 am
I was dish towels separate from other towels but usually have enough to justify a small load. Why? I'll honestly tell you, it's because my MIL taught me so. I don't know if it REALLY matters or not. Interested to know though.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 12:10 pm
I wash towels in hot water so I really don't think it matters what goes in there. I wash really yucky things like the sponja cloth separately.

greenfire

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 12:13 pm
I used to wash the different types together ... but now I just don't have the time

plus I add baking soda to every load and the result is fresh and odorless either way Drunken Smile

Hatemywig

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 12:15 pm
I wash all colored towels together on a hot wash. I do white and cream towels in a separate hot wash.

LittleDucky

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 2:26 pm
I do kitchen and bath together (with one of those color catcher thingys... I love it!!!). Of course if one was super dirty I might hand wash/soak first to get sticky stuff off but not always. Also Depends if the "good towels" are in the load or just the old ones.
Cleaning rags done separately- they have all these harsh chemicals, possibly bleach, lots of dirt etc. and I don't care if they get ruined!!

Frumdoc

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 2:53 pm
I do the bathroom/ shower towels in two washes, one dark, one white/ cream, with stain protection, and the kitchen towels separately, usually. If the kitchen ones are mostly clean and no food juices or stains mopped up, I will chuck them in with the towels, but add some antibacterial powder stuff. Most of the time I do them separately. I do cleaning cloths/ sponja ones or ones used with bleach or harsh cleaning products in another load, but often forget to do regularly, whereas I have a routine for all other washing.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 2:55 pm
Bath, kitchen and hand towels all together on extra hot cycle.
Rag towels separately, also on extra hot cycle.
Decorative towels that are more delicate and don't really get used (haven't even put them on the towel bar in a while) but get washed every so often go in a separate load on warm.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics