Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How often do you change your PJs?
Previous  1  2  3

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 12:31 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Depends on age. But even my son doesn't quite look dirty every day after school.

Maybe we define "look dirty" differently? I would not put clothing on if it has visible dirt/food/whatever that will come off in the wash. Neither on myself not on my kids.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 12:34 pm
I don't hold the same standard for me and the kids (or even a toddler and a primary schooler). But I can't say they have such things daily.
But, I'm pretty sure I'm more laid back than many on Imamother be it towels, bath mats or kids clothes.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 1:44 pm
Shells...daily.
Bras...weekly. I only have 2 comfortable nursing bras or I would change more often.
Pjs...daily or every other day.

mommyoftwokh

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 2:07 pm
Pjs daily,shells daily,as for the linen weekly....
Whats next? Wink

sky

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 2:24 pm
amother wrote:
It depends on if my nightgown stays on. Twisted Evil

When it stay on, then I wash it everytime I wear it. I wash everything that touches my body everytime. I will rehang skirts, jumpers, sweaters and over tops.

In the thread about dressing your DH, I can't believe that women expect men to keep wearing the same trousers without washing them.

Your DH's shabbos suit goes to the cleaners every week?

And dress\work\wool pants also you wash after every wear (thats like 5 pairs a week at the cleaners). My DH probably doesn't even own that many pairs of good pants.

You must have a hefty dry cleaners bill, forget water bill.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 9:03 pm
I'm sorry. I meant to write a new thread... If a mod wants to move it thanks....

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 11:10 pm
Pjs are a different category because only loved ones can smell them, but just FYI even if you don't think you smell and no one tells you smell, that doesn't mean you don't smell. Generally, anything that touches private areas, feet and armpits, or anytime you get sweaty: those garments should get washed with each wear.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 4:51 am
Only wear nighties - short, above knee, long sleeve ones in winter and sleeveless ones in summer so definitely weekly bec they do not smell or feel dirty - I am not in bed that many hrs anyway

Linen - every two weeks

Shells every day

kids p'js - generally once or twice a week

And I am known to be OCD cleaneven though I am not OCD

Ruchel

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 5:25 am
LOL ladies keep your hugs to ladies who trap themselves in their own life constantly cleaning, not for happily free me Smile

Frumdoc

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 6:42 pm
PJs every 2-3 days in winter, maybe daily in hot weather.

Underwear/ shells etc, daily. My rule is if it touches my armpit, feet, groin then it gets changed daily. If not, and I have not sweated or done much running around, I will wear twice, so dresses, tops, skirts etc.

I am not a sweaty person at all, and can easily get away with wearing shells a couple of days in a row in winter, but I like the feel of clean clothes.

I don't even need antiperspirant except in midsummer, and often go without in winter as I get a rash from it, whatever the brand. No one would ever notice. I don't wear perfume either, most of the time.

But it does depend on weather, time of the month etc. And we are all different, so what is normal for one person may not suit another as their bodies work differently. Like, I might be happier to exchange being sweatier in warm weather for not being so constantly freezing in the winter, as my baseline body temp is on average on the lower side, which is just normal for me. Just the way Hashem made us...

mille

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 7:05 pm
Ahhh, finally a question where I won't sound like a disgusting slob! I wear only undies to bed only, and I change those every day!

sequoia

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 7:12 pm
mille wrote:
Ahhh, finally a question where I won't sound like a disgusting slob! I wear only undies to bed only, and I change those every day!

We appear to have a remarkable affinity of tastes....

lakewood mom

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 7:23 pm
Pajamas and shells daily Smile
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics