Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Why the fear of vaccinating at 16 if the child is healthy?
1  2  3  4  Next

catonmylap

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 2:28 am
Since I shouldn't say anything in the natural parenting safe haven, can someone explain why the big anti-vax for an older child?

I understand the fear of autism (whether its justified or not, is something else) but there is reason people are afraid... but what's the fear with an older healthy child?

They don't actually believe they'll get the disease from the vaccine, do they??

chani8

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 4:08 am
Vaccines affect the brain, the body, the CNS, and the immune system.

Have you done any research on vaccine damage??? Do you have any idea what the 'other side' is saying and why they're saying it? When you engage in a discussion or argument, I was taught that you're supposed to learn up the arguments of the 'other side' so that you will know how to refute them logically. What research have you done???

ETA - not a direct attack on you, OP, just saying, don't assume people are idiots. They have real reasons for not vaccinating. You may not agree that those reasons are worth not vaccinating, but they're valid concerns nonetheless.

Culturedpearls

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 4:46 am
part of its appeal is an opportunity to join a club that will spend a great deal of time congratulating one another for joining and being among the special few to see this previously-hidden truth.

chani8

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 5:20 am
Culturedpearls wrote:
part of its appeal is an opportunity to join a club that will spend a great deal of time congratulating one another for joining and being among the special few to see this previously-hidden truth.

If there is a club for this, I'd like to know. The only so-called club are the support groups for parents who are grieving over the loss of their child. I almost got to join that one. While the hospital denied that the vaccines received that morning caused the SID reaction that afternoon.

Culturedpearls

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 5:28 am
Many more have joined the grieving club by not vaccinating or causing others to grieve because their kids were either too young to be vaccinated or were immune compromised.
Sure some kids will have an allergic reaction but those numbers are incomparable to the danger of not vaccinating.
There's a whole movement of crunchy (mostly) women in this "club".

amother

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 6:22 am
ouch,
I guess I am crunchy.
crunch crunch
just go and crunch me. you know everything anyways.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 7:45 am
I'm starting to get annoyed. Why can't I be a natural parent and still be pro vaccination?

Culturedpearls

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 7:54 am
Really I'm a natural parent. I nurse my kids till 2+ , believe in natural childbirth etc.
I also believe in vaccination & science.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 8:07 am
please note that somebody on this thread shared a personal experience about her connection of sids and a vaccine. and did not call names.
you shared a general - 'children dying and effecting other when not vaccinated' and did some name calling.
if you would like to be taken seriously you had better change your style.
bring some case studies.
and quit name calling.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 8:10 am
What do you mean by "fear"? I dislike having unnecessary vaccines myself because they do carry risks. No one denies that.

flmommy

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 8:18 am
Many people feel that vaccines are dangerous. Some feel they are only dangerous to a immature immune system but others believe they are dangerous in general which is why they wouldn't vaccinate a child at any age nor an adult. I hope that helps answer your question.

Culturedpearls

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 8:26 am
amother wrote:
please note that somebody on this thread shared a personal experience about her connection of sids and a vaccine. and did not call names.
you shared a general - 'children dying and effecting other when not vaccinated' and did some name calling.
if you would like to be taken seriously you had better change your style.
bring some case studies.
and quit name calling.

I did not call anyone names. "Crunchy" is a term for alternative people.
No insult intended.
A close relatives child had a sever reaction to vaccines too & she cannot fully vaccinate him.
She still vaccinates her other kids & has to rely on herd immunity for him.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 8:29 am
crunchy mom here...
hmmm... I wonder why he had a reaction... I wonder what it was...
hmmm... I wonder what the dr. said after seeing the reaction.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

chani8

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 8:55 am
Culturedpearls wrote:
Many more have joined the grieving club by not vaccinating or causing others to grieve because their kids were either too young to be vaccinated or were immune compromised.
Sure some kids will have an allergic reaction but those numbers are incomparable to the danger of not vaccinating.
There's a whole movement of crunchy (mostly) women in this "club".

There is no danger to not vaccinating if the diseases are dead. How many outbreaks of polio have there been recently? And how can there even be an outbreak if the herd is vaccinated?

And if your children are vaccinated, why do you care what other people do? You're protected, right?

Tova

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 9:12 am
[quote="chani8"]There is no danger to not vaccinating if the diseases are dead. How many outbreaks of polio have there been recently? And how can there even be an outbreak if the herd is vaccinated?

And if your children are vaccinated, why do you care what other people do? You're protected, right?[/quote]

Just to address this one point, since it's often touted by anti-vaxers.
No one who vaccines thinks that the vaccines relay 100% immunity. The CDC is quite clear about that, there will always be a segment of the population who never reaches immunity even with several doses. So please don't insult our intelligence by that statement that if we vax our kids it means we think our kids are perfectly immune.

Tova

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 9:14 am
BTW, I'm neither pro or anti vaccines. I'm "vaccine-wary." I do vax my kids but think that huge changes should be made to the recommended schedule and that there should be an outcry from parents/doctors about manufactorers making changes in the production of the immunizations.

mille

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 9:19 am
chani8 wrote:
There is no danger to not vaccinating if the diseases are dead. How many outbreaks of polio have there been recently? And how can there even be an outbreak if the herd is vaccinated?

And if your children are vaccinated, why do you care what other people do? You're protected, right?

...You realize that we don't see a high prevalence of polio anymore because of vaccination, right?

Polio is not dead. There were nearly 400 cases worldwide last year, mostly in Africa, where the vaccine is not as prevalent.

chani8

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 9:31 am
Back to OP's question, maybe this article about a 12 year old will help you to understand why some people are just not willing to take the risk:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new......html

chani8

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 9:43 am
[quote="Tova"]
chani8 wrote:

And if your children are vaccinated, why do you care what other people do? You're protected, right?[/quote]

Just to address this one point, since it's often touted by anti-vaxers.
No one who vaccines thinks that the vaccines relay 100% immunity. The CDC is quite clear about that, there will always be a segment of the population who never reaches immunity even with several doses. So please don't insult our intelligence by that statement that if we vax our kids it means we think our kids are perfectly immune.

A person who is not vaccinated is not an automatic disease carrier. And the 'other side' suggests that the reason segments of the population get the disease is from faulty batches, not because of a few butterflies. Their proof of vaccine uselessness is that there have been actual outbreaks of a disease in immunized populations in a specific locale.

And just btw, I wasn't insulting anyone. Why are you being defensive? Despite the fact that my DD almost died, I vaccinated my kids, and I have to vaccinate all the foster babies who come through my home. But because I admit that it's a game of russian roulette, I daven hard, I give homeopathics to try to eliminate a toxic reaction, and with my biological kids, I skip a few vaccines and don't give them all at once.

chani8

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 9:45 am
mille wrote:
...You realize that we don't see a high prevalence of polio anymore because of vaccination, right?

Polio is not dead. There were nearly 400 cases worldwide last year, mostly in Africa, where the vaccine is not as prevalent.

But polio should be dead in the US, shouldn't it? Seriously asking. Non-vaxers say that the govt keeps it alive by giving live vaccines.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics