Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for husband after baby

devorah1

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 5:40 pm
I just had my first baby a few weeks ago and looking to get my husband a gift. He has been sooo supportive through labor and is taking care of everything in the house. Any ideas what to get him? He doesnt really have any hobbies and I want to get him something related to having a baby. I am completely stuck. Any ideas would be great. TIA!

busydev

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 5:47 pm
maybe some sort of picture keychain or something? or picture anything for that matter.

im hard pressed to think of things to buy that have to do with a baby for a husband... (even for a woman, most baby presents are for the baby or to pamper the women ime)

You can do coupons like get out of a diaper change, off baby duty for an hour, one night dont have to wake for baby, etc....

im not the best at thinking up gifts for dh (mine is notorious at buying things he wants.... and theres nothing left for me to get him) but I can give ideas of things he has gotten himself... but none of them are "baby related"

chanee

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 5:55 pm
How about a nice thank you poem and pre arranged or paid out supper in a nice restaurant? The key chain idea is very nice. Or if he's working on a computer then a personalized mouse board.

proudmother1

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 6:00 pm
Am I the only one scratching my head here?

Who gave birth to the baby, again? He or you?

If gift buying is in order here, you are on the opposite side of the road.

I am all for thanking him for supporting you in this. No doubts about that.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 6:19 pm
Go for a photoshoot with the baby. Take separate pictures of just the two of you.... Show him you love him. that's all he really needs.

mille

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 7:19 pm
Mazal tov!

What about a daddy diaper bag? I have a friend who really wanted the cutesy pink diaper bag for herself, and she bought her husband something a little more masculine for when he will take the baby Smile I saw this on google: http://www.diaperdude.com/ and I THINK my friend got one of these, but not sure: https://www.dadgear.com/

yo'ma

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 7:26 pm
proudmother1 wrote:

Is there ever a limit to hakaros hatov?

To the op, mazal tov!! That is very sweet of you to want to give your dh a gift.

greenfire

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 7:59 pm
do whatever makes you happy ...

his & her earplugs so you can take turns napping

a t-shirt that says 'who's your daddy'

book on how to care for your first baby & keep on loving them even when they are teens

a nice bottle of whisky

mandr

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 8:29 pm
They make greeting cards that come with a unique stamp pad kind of thing to take footprints/handprints of the baby (without getting them dirty) and pressing them onto the card. I did that for my husband for Father's Day, as if my baby sent it.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 8:39 pm
For the future: the morning after I had my baby I had a breakfast basket delivered to the house. This thanked him for being the best labor coach and a future thanks for all his help.

dr. pepper

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 8:50 pm
proudmother1 wrote:

Look hon, I don't know about everyone else scratching their heads, but I'm definitely not scratching mine.

For the life of me, I don't see what the itch could possibly be.

Here is a true eishes chayil, who recognizes the help her husband gave her in his role as husband and father. Why in the world does that not deserve a hakaras hatov in a gift form if that's what she wants?

I have to say, it really grates on me...this attitude of "oh my goodness, I had the baby so I''m the next goddess in line." Yes, I'm amazing that I gestated, nauseated, back ached, labored, delivered, nursed and I deserve hakaras hatov from DH for that. But because Hashem created him unable to do that makes him unworthy of a gift back? If people insist on playing that game, they'll just end up a miserable, cranky martyr.

Gratitude is my Attitude (at least I try)

OMG!

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 9:12 pm
amother wrote:
For the future: the morning after I had my baby I had a breakfast basket delivered to the house. This thanked him for being the best labor coach and a future thanks for all his help.

I actually love this idea! I always feel bad that not only he's up all night with me in delivery room but goes to work next day!! And drops off all kids stuff and comes back next day to visit me. And and and.... I'll try to have this in mind for next time.

wife613

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 5:39 am
First of all mazal tov to op! Kuddos for thinking about it!
Love the idea of breakfast basket. Will need to keep it in mind for next time iyH.

newmommy:)

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 6:12 am
it wasn't really baby related but I got him a sefer that I knew he wanted and wrote anice letter. don't know if the present needs to be baby related but a nice letter always makes the connection Smile

and mazel tov!

newmommy:)

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 6:15 am
oh and also, you'll see that in a month or so ull kinda realize that u dont get to spend time together in the same way you did b4 baby, so maybe one night get a trusted babysitter and do something nice together (with a letter, always a letter!!)
the fact that ur taking out time to remember he's there and hes still my number one!

Frumdoc

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 6:46 am
What a lovely idea.

When I work late on Friday or have to work shabbos, I always leave my dh a card, or little gift to remind him that even if I was grumpy when I got up to go to work, I truly appreciate him taking on the the mantle of running the home, especially for shabbos.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 9:58 am
Beautiful idea! You got me thinking too, I'm due in a few weeks. I like the breakfast idea, but there aren't deliveries in my area.
A sefer is also a nice idea.
Wish I had something new to add...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics