Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Outrageously outlandish things people have said to you...
Previous  1  2  3

LiLIsraeli

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 6:11 pm
greenfire wrote:
someone once told me they didn't like my new eyeglasses ... hello if they're on my face chances are I like them - in the store would be a different reaction Nerd

When I was in high school, I got contact lenses for the first time. I came to school with them, and a classmate said to me, "You know, I think you look better in glasses."

THANKS!!

monseychick

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 7:13 pm
I can top all of you..

I once went to an Ob/Gyn for a pelvic exam.. He was having a very hard time inserting the speculum. Suddenly he just blurts out angrily, "Don't you ever have s-x"

And this was a Dr that was very highly recomended... Exploding anger

Chocomama

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 7:27 pm
omg ur right! thats awful. I hope u were able to switch docs after a comment like that.

Bitachon101

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 8:17 pm
At my brothers wedding someone came and gave me a huge hug , looked at me and said oh I'd never wear that gown.
Wow, I felt pretty alright the rest of the night!

Post script, a few years later at her brothers wedding, I was shocked to see her wearing the same gown in a different color. I couldnt hold myself back and said I thought u said you'd never wear this gown! She first was confused until I told her it was the same one in dif color. She hadn't remembered making the comment tho...

Story 2 I was in my 8th month at a family Simcha and the Baal simchas relative told me I need to buy a new wardrobe. I asked her if she was offering to pay for it :p. Disclaimer: I don't wear tight pregnancy clothes. But yes I was getting big and filling out the shirt. Still thought it was a bit sharp of her to say that. Maybe I needed the kick in the belly... Lol LOL

Volunteer

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 9:03 pm
When other women find out that my dh is a ger, very often (more than half the time) the first question they ask is, "Did he have to have a brit?" I always just answer by stating the general halacha (if an adult is uncircumcised, he needs a full brit, if he was already circumcised, he needs a hatafat dam brit). Why do other women ask me about my husband's private parts? Men never seem to ask me this question.

luppamom

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 1:09 am
I was very sick with mastitis when my baby was 6 weeks old and I went into the health clinic in a huge sweatshirt (too sick to get dressed), dehydrated and close to fainting. As the doctor and a nurse were pulling me (literally by the arms) to an examining bed, someone said, "you're pregnant, right?"

Dina_B613

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 1:26 am
My uncle committed suicide. He was young and fairly prominent in our community. When people found out that he died, they'd ask how. I'd try to change the subject or just say, "We miss him a lot" or "We miss him and hope that you can respect our privacy." At one point I started saying, "Suicide." And then people would still follow it up with, "How?"

Um, EW! There is a special place in h*ll for people who ask the details of someone's death. Or people would ask, "But why?" I get it, you're confused, but it's beyond cruel to ask a family member to relive the details of their loved one's illness because it's confusing to you, you're sad, or you're curious.

lifesajourney

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 8:52 am
I bought a wig that I spent a lot of time saving up for and it was a huge deal for me. I was super excited and I really loved the wig. After I bought it, I went straight to my mom to show her (who knows what a big deal it was for me and how excited). Her reaction: "you look stunning! I think you need to cut your real hair though, you have a bump." I told her um..It's already cut as short as possible. She responds, oh ye? and proceeds to try to fix the sheitel on my head (practically pulled it off). Then she goes, it's very thin! These wigs thin out you know... (with a face) And aren't the bangs too much in your face? I told her no I like it just how it is.
She said ok, you look stunning!

Gee, I sure feel stunning now...Talk about bursting a bubble Sad

Another one here that received a comment (more than once) of are you expecting twins??? You're huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or how about about when I lost weight after having a baby and people were going on and on and on and on and on and on about how I look so skinny and what did I do etc. Complimenting once is fine but don't go on and on cuz that just makes me feel awkward (and I just lost 10 lbs!!)

Or how when I'm pg my mil says wow you're getting big! (fourth month)

(ok, you get the point. I can be self conscious about my weight lol)

mommyoftwokh

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 9:43 am
Here's another one,
When my brother passed away ppl assumed it happened bc he'd been overweight...he was not..hospital gave wrong meds for blood clot ..by the shiva one ofmy relatives told my sis u gotta lose weight .look what happens when ur fat Pale
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics