Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Anyone accept credit cards, occasionally?

amother

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 12:02 pm
Hi,
I recently began a business and need to begin accepting credit cards for certain customers (most will pay by check) but some exceptions such as overseas or those with history of late payment will be charged by cc.
It will only be a couple charges per yr for now and it does not make sense to pay a yearly fee plus monthly plus buying a machine for these few times.
Anyone have an idea of a better cc option for me?
I looked into opening a paypal, I aslo looked into square.com, you can swipe through your phone but seems on reviews that people dont see the money in their acct.

Thanks!

proudmother1

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 12:02 pm
Paypal.
Easy.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 12:27 pm
I use mobile pay through bank of america. It's for very occasional use, so it may not have the absolute best rates, but it's free and the money lands up in my account. The rates were pretty good last I checked but I don't remember what.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 12:29 pm
I run my own business and use Square, I've never had a problem with the money reaching my bank account.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 12:41 pm
Thanks ladies,
The amother using square, how long are you using them, why dont they have a contact #, or do they?
And why is everyone complaining they are thieves? How long till u see the money in your acct?

amother

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 12:51 pm
Different another here. I've been using square for over a year (maybe closer to 2) and it was the best decision. I was hesitant because of reviews but b"h I never had a problem getting the $$. I think the problem is if you need customer service since they don't really offer that. So far I haven't needed that. They email you every time a charge is put through as well as when it actually goes into your acct. I find it so much easier to get paid now that I accept cc - I don't have to chase ppl for a check etc.

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 1:40 pm
I've done propay, paypal, and a machine for various reasons. A machine has been the best rate (only for frequent use though) and propay has been the easiest (and great for in-frequent use). But for VERY VERY infrequent use, like you're talking about, paypal is your best bet. But I know nothing about square.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 1:50 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks ladies,
The amother using square, how long are you using them, why dont they have a contact #, or do they?
And why is everyone complaining they are thieves? How long till u see the money in your acct?

I'm the amother above you. I've used them for two years, and the money is in my account within 1-3 business days. the one time I needed to contact them I did so through an email which was answered within the hour.

Additionally, I've yet to meet anyone in person who thinks they are thieves.

kb

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 2:12 pm
Does paypal allow you to process a credit card from someone else, or do they have to "pay through paypal" with their account?

Growing

Post Sun, Nov 02 2014, 2:37 pm
I'm not the OP but I want to thank all who chimed in with their experience. It was a big help for me.

Debbig

Post Sun, Nov 02 2014, 3:30 pm
I also use square I love it there's no monthly fee u only pay a percentage of every swipe I never had any prob with them transferring the $ it's always on time.
U can customize when u get emails u can get for every swipe or just the end of every day and for each deposit

newmommy:)

Post Sun, Nov 02 2014, 3:38 pm
for sure paypal, so easy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics