Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
New injury on stitches scar

amother

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 3:23 pm
Sad
I feel like a horrible mom for letting this happen again... Dd asked to return to stroller just a few feet from the house so I popped her in and didn't strap... She leaned forward and the stroller bar I thought was holding her in wasn't fully clicked in on one side... Total negligence Sad and of course she LANDED right on her chin, on the pavement. The main impact seems to have been just a hairbreadth higher than her stitches scar (which is sad because the stitches were JUST low down enough on her chin to not be very visible when facing her. So if this leaves a mark it will be visible Sad )

The stitches were a year and a half ago. There is no gash like the stitches episode. She cried quite a lot but now about half hour later she has been calm for a while. It seems that she banged it quite hard and has a deep bruise, and the skin is scraped very raw and bled a bunch. I iced it, cleaned it, and put on a bandaid.

Do you think this warrants a doctors attention, being sort of overlapping the stitches site?

greenfire

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 5:10 pm
no doctor necessary ... who doesn't have a scar on their chin - it's more common than you think

once the bruise gets better use some vitamin e to help minimize scarring

good luck !!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics