Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
BDE Kayla Rus A"H bas Bunim Tuvia
  Previous  1  2  3 14  15  16 37  38  39  Next

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 6:20 pm
I have a fall that I don't wear, but I don't know if that would work.

obsesseddancer

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 1:18 am
I posted a new thread for this, but wanted to alert you here too. My dear friend Naomi who has been the first to help me in every crisis since my daughter's diagnosis, who drove me to the hospital in the middle of the night when my husband had his stroke, is in desperate need of our tefillos. Nomi Esther bas Tzipporah. See new thread for details. Thanks so much, beside myself with worry.

obsesseddancer

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 12:55 am
I had a very trying (and tiring, pun intended) day today. We had to go to LIJ for a port flush and echo, but I was greeted when I stepped outside with a flat tire. Long story short, we eventually borrowed my husband's van, got there right on time, and later dealt with my car. Tomorrow we are supposed to go to Columbia Presbyterian, for a PET scan and then an experimental drug being given OFF label and not part of the clinical trial, since her liver enzymes are still too high to be in the trial. But wouldn't you know it, the PET scan center never got back to me with what time the appointment is, and so we won't know till morning. Sigh. So I can't even ask for a ride because I won't know till last minute. So I'm gonna end up driving there myself, and can't wait to see how much the parking garage charges.

So that's not the only thing happening at Columbia tomorrow. Kayla Rus' very close friend (whom she saw today at LIJ) is having a cancer-related surgery. Please daven for Basya bas Chaya Miriam. She is 18 years old and every bit the fighter my daughter is. It is easy to see how they became such good friends. They actually met the week Kayla Rus was diagnosed. And MY very close friend Naomi (Nomi Esther bas Tzipporah) is ALSO having surgery at Columbia tomorrow, to replace her cancerous broken femur with a prosthetic bone of some sort. I love this lady enormously and REALLY need prayers for her complete recovery. Her daughter-in-law is due any day with her first child. I am hoping that we get to visit both of our friends before their respective surgeries tomorrow, but wonder how that will work considering we don't even know what time our PET scan is for. It seems that Hashem has been throwing surprises my way more often than not lately, everything has been so unpredictable, and mostly I see that it is for the good, whatever it is, but this is a test that is being drummed into me over and over. I hope I am getting the right message.

I also wanted to alert you that there is a challah bake le'zchus refuah shleimah for Nomi Esther bas Tzipporah THIS EREV SHABBOS. Please support me in this, and bring our tally past 40 bakers. If you can bake for her zchus, please email Barbara Gildin at simchaplanners@yahoo.com so she can add you to the list. Thanks so much.

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 3:08 pm
Refuah Shalaima For Kayla Rus bas Chaya Rochel
Refuah Shalaima for Basya bas Chaya Miriam
Refuah Shalaima for Nomi Ester bas Tzipporah

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

obsesseddancer

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 4:19 pm
So we got the drug and came home, just missed seeing our friends as they were wheeled into OR as we were arriving. Both surgeries are in progress as I type this, please keep the positive thoughts.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 4:38 pm
I just sent $100 to your account at chai lifeline yesterday. Maybe that is a good surprise for you? Refuah shleimah.

obsesseddancer

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 4:51 pm
Thank you so much, that will definitely help, the Columbia parking garage is expensive, you wouldn't believe it!

ROFL

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 9:58 pm
Did you ever google nyc parking coupons ? I dont know exactly where your going but I found some coupons at this website. It really saves money when I gave to park in the city.

http://www.parkwhiz.com/new-yo.....king/

Hope this helps. You and your freinds are in my tefilot.

obsesseddancer

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 11:06 pm
Thanks, there doesn't seem to be any cheap option where I need to be, 165th St & Fort Washington.

Dovi'smom

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 11:12 pm
First off, hugs! So much going on for you!

Just wanted to point out that it may be worth your while to scout for a parking space in the two blocks around Columbia. There never appears to be parking but we've gotten lucky pretty often!

ROFL

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 11:38 pm
Copied this from a site. Maybe you can call for next time ! Hugs to you

Valet parking is available for patients' families and visitors from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, in front of the entrance at Broadway and 166th Street. For all other times, use the 165th Street and Fort Washington parking garage. Parking is free on the day of discharge. If you have an anticipated stay of five days or more, you can save money on parking by purchasing discount coupons at our parking office. Please call (212) 305-4903 for more information.

obsesseddancer

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 11:42 pm
LOL. I drove around for 30 minutes looking for street parking first! On Monday, I tried to visit my friend Naomi there and was so determined, I drove around for 90 minutes! (If I didn't love her so much, I'd have given up sooner). I eventually had to go home. With my daughter, I didn't have that option. And since she is not inpatient, there is NO FREE VALET PARKING. It really stinks. At LIJ they not only validate parking, but the Ronald McDonald house next door allows me to self-park in their lot since we've stayed there before. It is so unfair. I HATE Columbia.

obsesseddancer

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 5:35 pm
Hi, everyone. Getting back into the swing of things after yom tov. Kayla Rus had scans last week that showed significant tumor growth in existing tumors, but Baruch Hashem no new ones. The oncologist was not at all surprised, because she has been off chemo for well over a month, which was necessary because it was too hard on her bone marrow. So now she is on an experimental drug which should have better reactions with her bone marrow, but causes other side effects which need to be monitored as well as nausea and fatigue. Today was her first day attempting school. We'll see what happens when she comes home.

But for better news, my dear friend Naomi (Nomi Esther bas Tzipporah) had a successful surgery to replace her cancerous and broken femur with a prosthetic bone, and after a horrible week during which things didn't look too promising, she took her first steps yesterday and is being discharged tomorrow to a rehab near our home (yay!) for a few weeks. Icing on the cake, her daughter-in-law gave birth to a gorgeous little girl yesterday morning. Please keep davening for her, she has a road ahead fighting the cancer elsewhere in her body. She has shown amazing strength and bitachon through this all, still smiling. Seeing her attitude through this has made me love her even more.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 02 2014, 12:33 am
I put in to win shaitels in several chinese auctions. Daven that I win because I plan to give the brand new shaitels to you!

obsesseddancer

Post Sun, Nov 02 2014, 12:35 am
Thank you! I daven that you win! Amen! LOL

exhausted

Post Sun, Nov 02 2014, 1:15 am
Amother you are amazing! I daven that you win! Mi K'amcho Yisrael! With all this love Moshiach has to come already!!!

obsesseddancer

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 1:32 am
So far so good on the new drug... of course we don't know if it is working, but at least the side effects so far are tolerable, if annoying.

On another topic, there is a challah bake this week for her best friend Bassy:

Thank you so much for those of you who got bakers last week. With your help we had over 44 bakers. Please continue to post or ask friends to post for women who bake. If they would like, I can put them on the list, they can contact me at Simchaplanners@yahoo.com Tizku L’miztvos Barbara

This week the name for a Segulah is for is Is for Basya bas Chaya Miriam is an 18 year old fighter who had a mastectomy with reconstruction (Oct 22). She already beat leukemia 2 years ago and needs a bracha for a long, happy, disease-free life. Please daven for her when you knead your dough and keep her in mind when you separate your challah. If you are baking this week Thursday night or Friday, please contact me at simchaplanners@yahoo.com to tell me you're baking.

Yehi ratson milfanecha adonai ve-eloque avosai shebizchu mitzvat hafrashat challa zu, tizke (insert name) – "L' Refuah Shelayma B'soch Sha'ar Cholei Amo Yisroel" (May it be your will Hashem our G-d of our forefathers that in the honor of the mitzvah of taking of the Challah that this person should have a full speedy recovery)

Refuah
Aharon ben Yehudis for Hatzlacha
Ari Ben D'Vorah,
Ahava Emunah Bat Chava Eta
Aliza Bat Peril Devorah
Atara Rachel Bas Sara Miriam
Avraham Halevy Ben Bracha
Baila Sara Bat Shira Tzivia
Baruch Ber Ben Sarah Yafa
Baruch Ephraim Ben Leah Perel
Basya Bas Chaya Miriam
Binum Binyamin Tuvia Ben Chana Freidel
Bracha Bas Fayga Bayla
Chana Freidel Bas Sorah
Chana Tova Bat Esther Shoshana
Chana Tzipporah Bas Elka Breindel
Chana Yo Heaved Bat Sara
Chava Gittel Bas Chana Malka
Chaya Sara Bat Pesha
Chaya Tubba Liba Bas Rochel Nechama
Daniel Reuven Ben Rivka Kayla,
Devorah Rachel Bat Miriam Chava
Dovid Tzvi Ben Sorah Leah
Esther Bas Bryndal
Esther Malka Bat Zissel
Fraida Chana Bat Sara Lea
Gavriel Yaakov Halevy Ben Shoshana Rivka
Henshi Bas Neshe
Kayla Rus Bas Chaya Rochel
Malka Lev Bat Sora Zelda,
Malka Tzivia Bas Mindel
Mordechai Ben Eta
Mordechai Hillel Ben Shoshana
Moshe Pinchas Ben Rachel
Nomi Esther bas Tzipporah
Pinchas Eliezer Ben Yehudis
Rafael Pesachya Yaakov Halevi Ben Aviva Sarah
Refoel Yoel Ozer Ben Chaya Malka
Rochel Devora Bas Dina Yehudit
Sara Bas Baila
Sarah Bas Chana
Shalom Ben Shoshana Chana
Shalom Daniel Ben Leah
Shir Lee Bas Miriam
Shlomo Ben Chaim
Shmuel Ben Henya Rifka
Shprinza Bas Shaindel
Tehila Leah Bas Ester Dvorah
Yaakov Ben Sylvia
Ya'Akov Binyamin Ben Tzvia Sara
Yocheved Henya Bas Tzirul
Yosef Yitzchak Ben Brocha

ZIVUG
Areyeh Moshe Ben Chaya Risha
Yetta Yittel Bat Neomi
Yehudis Bas Leah Rivkah Chaya
Dovid Yehudah Ben Yehudis
Atara Miriam Bat Yael

CHILDREN
Frumah Rachel Bat Malka Sholmo Avraham Chiam Ben Michaleh
Raquel Leah Husband Is Shmuel Ben Judah

PARNASSA
Binum Binyamin Tuvia Ben Chana Freidel
Chaya Rochel Bas Shulamis
Eliahu Ben Rut
Moshe Chaim Ben Tamo
Yetta Yittel Bat Neomi
Yehudis Bas Leah Rivkah Chaya

Tizku L'Mizvos
Barbara Gildin

amother

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 3:59 pm
I attended megga challah bake. Over 180 women were their baking challah thru chabad in westchester ny I'm over fifty and it was my first time making challah I had you're daughter in mind .

amother

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 4:01 pm
Meg gah challah bake westchester on facebook

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 7:13 pm
bump
Page 15 of 39   Previous  1  2  3 14  15  16 37  38  39  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed