Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Bra

bcimhappy

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 10:02 am
Hi, didn't know where to put this question. . But anyone know of good bras I can get at a department store (Macy's, jcpenny) (or anywhere in the long island area)
Im a size 36d and most important is the support
Thanks

Pretzel

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 10:42 am
I like Bali brand. You can find them at the department stores. I actually stopped buying in store b/c they are expensive. I buy online and get 2 for the price of 1.

I buy from a site called:One Hanes Place.com, I buy from them when they have promotions on shipping. They'll have sometimes for $1.99. But first you need to sign up for the e-mails. They don't have free otherwise, and I don't like to pay shipping, so I only do it when they have a promotion.

There's another site called: NYLingerie.com they have free standard shipping, but the bras are a little more than ones hanes place.

I have found it still to be cheaper to buy from the hanes site with promotional shipping than the other with free shipping.

bcimhappy

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 11:31 am
Thanks, any specific Bali? ?

Fabulous

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 11:43 am
I am happy with the full coverage victoria secret bra. There's also always specials going on.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 11:57 am
I buy this at Macys with coupons.
http://www.wacoal-america.com/......html

It has great support, and I am a larger cup size then you. Wide shoulder straps dont dig in.

dak11

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 12:11 pm
I also get bras at Macys. I just want to point out that you can't use their regular coupons for Wacoal, but you can use the friends and family coupons which they have twice a year. I get the wacoal basic beauty.

Pretzel

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 1:23 pm
The one I buy is called: Bali Lace N Smooth seamless under wire, has flowers on it.

Pretzel

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 1:49 pm
If anyone is interested: There's a 31 cents shipping promotion at Ones hanes place, it ends tomorrow(at midnight).

Dev80

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 2:01 pm
that is my pregnancy/nursing size and I love maidenform tshirt bras, I'm not sure where they are the cheapest though. I wouldn't get any with designs that are not 'screenprinted' on though, those I find uncomfortable (like lace or different fabric stripes, what they call embellished) but the others are really amazing and affordable!
Here's a link (not tznius obv!)

http://www.hanes.com/onehanesp.....07959

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 3:33 pm
one hanes place.com..wtvr was posted in the second post..I ust bought a bunch there! they are verysupportive/confortable and great prices!@

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jun 27 2016, 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 3:44 pm
Another vote for Wacoal. I'm quite a bit bigger than you and they are the only bras that I can wear. I particularly like the Simple Shaping Full Coverage Underwire Minimizer. Amazing lift that no other bra gives me. I also love their underwire sports bra.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 3:46 pm
http://www.brasnyc.com

Fiveboyz

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 6:08 pm
Love love love Wacol. They never go on sale at macys. I usually go to underworld plaza. Half prices usually around 30 or so though the styles are not as s@exy.

tzimip

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 7:05 pm
another vote for Wacoal Simple shaping full coverage minimizer. I am also a 36D and this bra gives me full coverage and a great shape.

pumpernickle

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 8:16 pm
Kohl's also carries Bali. They have a really good selection of nicely shaped and supportive ones!

bcimhappy

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 8:55 pm
Thanks! Should I buy online without trying on you think?

amother

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 8:56 pm
I buy at hosieryandmore.com I buy the flower bali underwire bra its item # 180 great support. http://www.hosieryandmore.com/......html

seeker

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 9:06 pm
I don't think there's one best bra, you need something that works for your specific shape and preferences. I go to a fitting place, buy one of whatever they suggest that I like, and then after I've worn them for a bit and know if/which is right I search for the same thing online and usually find it well priced.

DrMom

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 9:32 pm
bcimhappy wrote:
Thanks! Should I buy online without trying on you think?

For a first-time purchase, this is the type of item I'd prefer to buy in a brick-and-mortar store, since fit is so critical. It's not like buying a pair of socks.

I suppose you could order a zillion bras from places with no return shipping fee and generous return policies. Then you could try on a bunch of models at home and decide what fits best.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics