Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Ot's and moms of kids with spd, please help
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Thu, Oct 30 2014, 9:08 pm
This sounds very similar to what I experienced with my then two year old daughter. She was all over the place, demanding etc...and then we got a hearing loss diagnosis. After receiving hearing aids and speech therapy, we realized that there was a major sensory issue as well. There is some type of connection between the ear and sensory integration.
Now its about 2 years later and dd is doing much better. She receives OT which has been really helping. At home I need to give her a sensory diet (trampoline, squishing, brushing, playdough) and need to stick to a routine. The problem is at the end of the day we are all tired (myself included).

A lot of what you described are symptoms of hearing loss. It sounds like hearing loss, although it may very well not be. Has she ever been tested? If the hearing loss is mild one can still hear but needs to concentrate a lot to get everything. Before the diagnosis my daughter also freaked out from sirens because she didn't hear the subtle noise from afar and only heard it once it came to a loud decibel. If you think she may have hearing loss, there are a number of online screening tests that play sounds at a variety of decibels.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers