Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Awesome picture uploading app for your computer

Shmaichel

Post Sat, Nov 01 2014, 7:32 pm
Just wanted to share this great app, Dropbox. After you install it onto your computer, you can sync pictures from your phone onto your comp with high quality...you can even set it up on your phone to do it automatically giving more room to be able to take more pictures.
https://db.tt/sityNAhZ

OOTBubby

Post Sat, Nov 01 2014, 8:33 pm
Shmaichel wrote:
Just wanted to share this great app, Dropbox. After you install it onto your computer, you can sync pictures from your phone onto your comp with high quality...you can even set it up on your phone to do it automatically giving more room to be able to take more pictures.
https://db.tt/sityNAhZ

DropBox is great, but please be aware that by using this link, the OP gets extra storage. Anyone can give anyone a DropBox link for that benefit, not just OP. Feel free to PM me (I think that's more appropriate than posting a link that OP benefits from publicly) if you'd like my link. Others should do the same.

Shmaichel

Post Sat, Nov 01 2014, 9:57 pm
Dropbox is a program that I'm using and love and I wanted to share it with others. Ootbubby, I felt like your post was kind of rude. I posted this app and it's benefits; there's no reason why I can't benefit as well if they use my link.

OOTBubby

Post Sat, Nov 01 2014, 9:59 pm
Shmaichel wrote:
Dropbox is a program that I'm using and love and I wanted to share it with others. Ootbubby, I felt like your post was kind of rude. I posted this app and it's benefits; there's no reason why I can't benefit as well if they use my link.

Obviously we disagree. I feel that posting any link that one can gain personally from is wrong (not only this, but such as a personal referral link to Amazon or any other site).

Shmaichel

Post Sat, Nov 01 2014, 10:04 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
Obviously we disagree. I feel that posting any link that one can gain personally from is wrong (not only this, but such as a personal referral link to Amazon or any other site).

It's very different when someone gives a link to amazon- where they are making money, so they're doing it for business purposes.

Here I'm sharing a program to benefit others who are looking for an easy way to upload pics, and I happen to get a little bit of extra space...

Post Sat, Nov 01 2014, 10:21 pm
Shmaichel wrote:
It's very different when someone gives a link to amazon- where they are making money, so they're doing it for business purposes.

Here I'm sharing a program to benefit others who are looking for an easy way to upload pics, and I happen to get a little bit of extra space...

Ethically you should let people know you are benefiting. I don't see an ethical difference between getting money and getting something else you desire. I don't mind helping out fellow posters but I like to know there is a benefit to the poster when I evaluate a recommendation.

doctorima

Post Sat, Nov 01 2014, 10:40 pm
Squishy wrote:
Ethically you should let people know you are benefiting. I don't see an ethical difference between getting money and getting something else you desire. I don't mind helping out fellow posters but I like to know there is a benefit to the poster when I evaluate a recommendation.

My thoughts exactly!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics