Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Where to get tznius shabbos dresses in regular stores?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 02 2014, 10:04 am
My in-laws live in Canada, and would like to get my daughter some shabbos dresses, but since my daughter is tall and thin, the dresses and skirts from stores like Children's Place, etc, are generally too short on her. Are there because any stores in the malls in Canada or America that generally have dresses that are long enough? They don't want to go to the frum stores, because they all seem to sell dresses for, like $100 each, but if there were something cheaper, that was still a reasonable quality, they would love to know about it. Is there anything like that? It doesn't have to be super-cheap, but they don't want to pay a fortune for a kid's dress, and that has been their experience at the frum stores.

mama35

Post Sun, Nov 02 2014, 10:11 am
Try Junees! They have very well priced dresses and skirts for girls.

zigi

Post Sun, Nov 02 2014, 10:12 am
next direct has some longer dresses

mommyofd1

Post Sun, Nov 02 2014, 10:18 am
zara has some longer dresses

Kugglegirl

Post Sun, Nov 02 2014, 10:42 am
maxi skirts seem to be in still-even for little girls.

& now is the right season to get "holiday' dresses-usually more conservative lengths & traditional styles---green, black velvet, sparkly gold & silver & some times red plaid or blue & green plaid. you can skip the red & reindeer if you like.

I dont know a thing about the malls in Canada, just know my Toronto cousins were always the best dressed in a more European fashion than we could get in the states. but that was 30 years ago, so it might all be the same dreck we get from China any how.

Kugglegirl

Post Sun, Nov 02 2014, 10:44 am
you should at least measure the length of a good fitting dress on your daughter & tell grandma "it has to be at least X cm from neck to hem.

mommy9

Post Sun, Nov 02 2014, 10:54 am
H&m has long enough skirts. Most tops can be made tznius with a shell.

imasinger

Post Sun, Nov 02 2014, 11:12 am
Costco has pretty dresses in winter and spring that have "tea length" skirts. They go up to size 10-12, and are generally under $50. Many need a shell, but that is easy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics