Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Infant costume idea

amother

Post Sat, Nov 01 2014, 7:48 pm
iy"H I will have a 1 month old come purim time, so trying to put a little thought into Purim now.
I don't know what I'm having, but I've decided that I'm doing a Disney "Cars" theme. Since its an "older" movie trying to think of something that people will get even if they haven't seen it (recently).

Lady Godiva

Post Sat, Nov 01 2014, 8:10 pm
I wouldn't dress up a one month old. The most I'd do is dress the baby in a stretchie with the theme. You could go to the Disney Store and see if they have any Cars themed clothing for the infant. They might even have a Cars themed costume being that it was just Halloween.

Be'sha'ah tova and Happy Purim!

amother

Post Sat, Nov 01 2014, 8:44 pm
I don't necessarily mean a "costume" but how to dress (up) the baby--considering s/he will be more or less a lump at that point. I'm finding it's not so easy to find infant-sized "Cars" apparel. I usually make my own costumes out of real clothes. So looking for ideas. (one kid will be Mcqueen and the other Mater)

momX4

Post Sat, Nov 01 2014, 9:01 pm
get a yellow stretchy or sleeper and attach red, yellow and green circles to make a street light.

or a black one and add lines to make it look like the road

amother

Post Sat, Nov 01 2014, 9:55 pm
momX4 wrote:
get a yellow stretchy or sleeper and attach red, yellow and green circles to make a street light.

or a black one and add lines to make it look like the road

Op here, this is the kind of thing I'm looking for--not sure what direction I want to go just yet, so keep the ideas coming. I'm looking for a muse.

TIA

Lady Godiva

Post Sun, Nov 02 2014, 10:05 am
Here's Cars pajamas, though the traffic light idea that momX4 gave is more original.

http://www.disneystore.com/lig.....0308/

amother

Post Sun, Nov 02 2014, 4:09 pm
Lady Godiva wrote:
Here's Cars pajamas, though the traffic light idea that momX4 gave is more original.

http://www.disneystore.com/lig.....0308/

Op here, Thanks, I'll keep those in mind.

I like those ideas, they are just sort of generic "car" ideas . My kids are obsessed with the movie so I've seen it *a few* times. I may have an idea for the traffic light, but if anyone else has something that stands out from the movie (what I'm thinking may be too subtle)

I also need to think about what-if it's a girl
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics