Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Online Photograph Developing

tissues

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 10:11 am
Where do you develop your pictures? Are you happy with the service? Are the pictures clear? How much do you pay per picture?

m in Israel

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 11:14 am
Someone recently introduced me to artscow.com. They give you 100 "free" prints a month for a while which means you only pay shipping. For 100 prints that's 5.99, coming out to 5.9 cents a print. If you don't print more than 100 prints a month, that's the cheapest I've found so far. They also constantly send you free credits for different things to add to your account, so many other photo items are also worth purchasing there. Also, they ship to anywhere in the world, so it's good for Israel, too!

So far quality is decent (not shutterfly standard, but certainly comparable to winkflash or snapfish), pictures p clear, color good, etc.

Down side -- unpredictable shipping time. They are based in China, so sometimes it takes a while to get your order (although I just ordered prints and photo books and they arrived here to Israel in exactly 2 weeks from the day I placed the order).

I needed help from their customer service for something, and I was pleasantly surprised at how easily I got through and how the person ended up being very helpful (although her English was a bit stilted). Down side -- you must call during Hong Kong business hours!

seeker

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 12:09 pm
I second artscow. I actually found their print quality better than Shutterfly's. Have not tried their other products yet but I do intend to, to compare. Their interface and book designs are not as nice as Shutterfly but if you like to DIY it's worth finding out if the quality of those is also good. They constantly have free credit promotions running, and shipping is very reasonable (compared to other sites where even if you get a deal, shipping adds considerably.) It's definitely worth it for me because I'm the type to save up my printing until I have a lot to order at once. Last time I ordered it arrived (from China!) in less than 2 weeks, I was pleasantly surprised. Very happy with the print and color quality.

thinkermother

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 12:18 pm
Have any of u don't photo books? Which site does the beat quality?

seeker

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 12:26 pm
By the way if anyone wants to try artscow please PM me for my referral link Wink

tissues

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 1:55 pm
Thanks ladies! Anyone else happy with whom they're using?

amother

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 3:52 pm
If I am looking for the best quality in prints I don't need the cheapest what would you recommend?
Arts crow or shutterfly or something else?

m in Israel

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 4:15 pm
I've done photo books with snapfish and artscow. Was happy with both, but actually thought the quality of the artscow book was a drop better. The books were pretty easy to do, also, with a lot of flexibility (although if you want preloaded formats they didn't have much -- if you want to structure things yourself, they were fine).

For amother looking for the best quality, shutterfly has the reputation of being the best -- although they are certainly not one of the cheaper options. Honestly I don't see much of a difference, but some people do, especially with larger size blow ups, etc. Also supposedly their paper and ink is better so their stuff lasts better long term. I don't know if any of this is true -- just that is what people say. I personally haven't used them.

I've gotten fine prints from winkflash, snapfish and artscow.

Simple1

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 4:35 pm
amother wrote:
If I am looking for the best quality in prints I don't need the cheapest what would you recommend?
Arts crow or shutterfly or something else?

Mpix.com
I heard costco does nice pictures.

icetea

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 5:45 pm
I like PEphoto very much. I think it's 6 cents a pic and great quality

momx6

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 6:57 pm
Adorama is amazing. Top quality pictures.

seeker

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 11:13 pm
I disagree with Shutterfly for quality. I was disappointed with my prints and I'm not professional at all. People looking for really professional quality don't even bother with any of those regular cheap consumer sites, there are professional printing sites including Adorama as mentioned above - heard great things about them - and I don't know the others. Skip Shutterfly except for casual snapshots, family scrapbook types...

chilled

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 11:43 pm
icetea wrote:
I like PEphoto very much. I think it's 6 cents a pic and great quality

PEphoto site closed down. You can find your photos on lifepics.com

tissues

Post Tue, Jul 02 2013, 8:16 pm
I'm having trouble loading my pictures from my computer onto Artscow. Anyone out there to guide me?
Is it supposed to take soooooooooooo long? Help!

Martini

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 10:02 pm
I wanted to bump up this old post to hear your opinion on digital developing in year 2014. I have a whole stack of pictures I would like to develop and I'm hesitating whom to use. I'm looking for high quality (I'm not professional) pictures. I went to one of the local stores and the quality was a disaster. I need to reprint them all, so I'm trying to do my research before I get burnt again. Between York Photo, Shuterfly or I heard Sunrise Photo in Williamsburg also has a site and is amazing. Lemme hear your input please.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics