Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Weight loss surgery, looking for a surgeon, jerusalem area

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 1:28 pm
I am looking into weight lose surgery and want to hear from other women, in the jerusalem areas, which surgeon you used.
Good things about them, bad things about them.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 2:06 am
bump

(I posted here and not in the life in israel section in case anyone has had the surgery in israel but is not part of the private forum.)

amother

Post Mon, Nov 03 2014, 2:04 pm
bumping again

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 1:56 am
I had my sleeve done at Har Hazofim by Dr. Ronit Greenbaum.
She's very good. Caring and dedicated. A few members of my family used her and were VERY happy.
The downside is that if you don't go private there is a very long wait. If you go Sharap it's much quicker.
I highly recommend her. She has amazing hands and I think her work is superb. I had an excellent recovery and am in better shape than other sleeve patients I know (in terms of being able to eat all kinds of food etc.)

amother

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 2:16 am
ChossidMom wrote:
I had my sleeve done at Har Hazofim by Dr. Ronit Greenbaum.
She's very good. Caring and dedicated. A few members of my family used her and were VERY happy.
The downside is that if you don't go private there is a very long wait. If you go Sharap it's much quicker.
I highly recommend her. She has amazing hands and I think her work is superb. I had an excellent recovery and am in better shape than other sleeve patients I know (in terms of being able to eat all kinds of food etc.)
Thanks for this information. I knew there had been someone from the israel bunch who had done this surgery, but I had completely forgotten who.
So, if one goes private, can this cost a crazy shekel? And when you say wait a long time, what do you mean? Years? Or months?
Also, was this something that you first asked your GP about and then found a surgeon? Or just went to the surgeon? Would I need a hafnaya to the surgeon? I am really thinking about this very seriously.

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 3:01 am
amother wrote:
Thanks for this information. I knew there had been someone from the israel bunch who had done this surgery, but I had completely forgotten who.
So, if one goes private, can this cost a crazy shekel? And when you say wait a long time, what do you mean? Years? Or months?
Also, was this something that you first asked your GP about and then found a surgeon? Or just went to the surgeon? Would I need a hafnaya to the surgeon? I am really thinking about this very seriously.

I actually discussed this with my GP before going to the surgeon. I wound up doing all the tests necessary for the committee that decides if I qualify for the surgery. But before I had my actual appearance before the committee (in Assuta) I met with the surgeon who informed me that SHE is the committee in Jerusalem. She approved the surgery for me.

A long wait can be about a year. Which is why if you are considering doing it, it's worthwhile to get hafnayot for all the tests you have to do and start doing them. You can always pull out.

Some people have private med insurance with Harel etc. and they have private surgeries covered. Those that don't usually have some coverage for a private doc from their kuppah. You have to find out what your kuppah covers.

IN any event, I strongly recommend getting your surgeon to give you hafnayot for the tests. In parallel, do your research and choose a surgeon. Sometimes the surgeon wants different tests than what your kuppah wants (that happened in my case). FYI you need a BMI of 40 to qualify or a BMI of over 35 + 2 weight related health issues (like high blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides, diabetes etc.).

Feel free to ask more questions. There are a few other imamothers who had surgery in Israel. We have a special forum, you know (it's called Lapband and Gastric Bypass, I think). You should request admission.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 3:40 am
ChossidMom wrote:
I actually discussed this with my GP before going to the surgeon. I wound up doing all the tests necessary for the committee that decides if I qualify for the surgery. But before I had my actual appearance before the committee (in Assuta) I met with the surgeon who informed me that SHE is the committee in Jerusalem. She approved the surgery for me.

A long wait can be about a year. Which is why if you are considering doing it, it's worthwhile to get hafnayot for all the tests you have to do and start doing them. You can always pull out.

Some people have private med insurance with Harel etc. and they have private surgeries covered. Those that don't usually have some coverage for a private doc from their kuppah. You have to find out what your kuppah covers.

IN any event, I strongly recommend getting your surgeon to give you hafnayot for the tests. In parallel, do your research and choose a surgeon. Sometimes the surgeon wants different tests than what your kuppah wants (that happened in my case). FYI you need a BMI of 40 to qualify or a BMI of over 35 + 2 weight related health issues (like high blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides, diabetes etc.).

Feel free to ask more questions. There are a few other imamothers who had surgery in Israel. We have a special forum, you know (it's called Lapband and Gastric Bypass, I think). You should request admission.
But do they let in people who have not had the surgery yet, but just up to the thinking very strongly about it stage?

How did you find your surgeon? Thats my biggest thing? How would I go about looking for someone?

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 3:56 am
First of all, you don't have to be post-surgery to get into the forum. Just request admission and state why.

To find a surgeon you have to look around, talk to people online and off. Like I said, there are women in the forum who used various surgeons and you can speak to them. You can also ask your kuppah who they cover and find out what's coming to you. Google is also your friend...

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 3:59 am
You know, I just noticed that you want a surgeon in Jerusalem. There really aren't that many options. There is Ronit Greenbaum at Har Hazofim, The head of the laporoscopy department with whom she works, whose name eludes me at this moment, one or two surgeons at Ein Karem and one at Sha'are Tzedek. My nephew went to ST and he liked his surgeon but hated the department. He escaped as fast as he could. I think the surgical department at Har Hazofim is amazing.
If you want to speak with anyone who went there for surgery I can put you in touch with various family and friends who went there.

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 4:05 am
Here is the list of surgeons in Israel who do the surgery:

http://translate.google.co.il/.....earch

Dr. Biegleibter Nachum is the other surgeon who does it at Har Hazofim.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 4:22 am
I live in Jerusalem, but had surgery In Beer sheva with dr. Avinoach. He is known for doing lap bands, but I wanted the sleeve, and was very happy with his work. I had a very good recovery, and am losing weight nicely. I was very proactive in getting all necessary appointments done, and whole process took only one month. It might be a pain to travel, but it was worth it to me because I didn't want to wait. I did go to assuta in tel aviv for the vaada for approval, and for postoperative checkup, but they don't let dr. Avinoach do the sleeve surgery there. All in all, I had a very positive experience.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions