Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Home office furniture

amother

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 10:35 am
my dh works from our home in a room that looks like a dump. Its supposed to be a study Smile
He meets with clients there and the time has come to make it look professional. I also want to make it a functional space to learn or work undisturbed and without disturbing the rest of the family.

Im looking for a person/place that makes office furniture and or seforim bookcases, very good quality and professional looking. we may have to make it custom because of the configuration of the room. we live in Lakewood.

TIA

amother

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 3:48 pm
bump

amother

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 5:18 pm
I don't know of anywhere in Lakewood, but you could try Frankel's in Brooklyn. We have built in bookshelves/cabinets from there that are beautiful and holding up well.

Alternatively, you could do what we just did for our home office. We shopped around in various used office furniture warehouses until we found a set that fit our requirements. We spent $1,500 total on a 6 ft desk, a 5 ft credenza, and a 2.5 ft wardrobe piece with shelves and drawers. That price included tax and delivery and the furniture is made of real wood. Just do an online search for used furniture places in NJ if that interests you. We were shopping on Long Island, so I doubt any specific recommendations I can make would help you.

Another because of identifying details.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 10:00 pm
Schuster's Office Supply in Lakewood sells new and used. There are many other places too. Feigus, I think.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics