Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Carpool question

amother

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 8:25 am
hi its my first time doing a carpool, I have a someone who I do carpool with I take in the morning and she picks up, she already leaves to work by the time I come to pick up her kids, so her husband is home, he just sends them out and I have to strap her kids in, its a very busy street so I feel pressured to do it fast, and her younger son is very active and a lttle hard to strap in and her daughter just takes very long and schlepped out... whats carpool protocol isn't it her husbands job to just come out and buckle them himself? am I wrong for feeling a little annoyed? or is this what people do

Raisin

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 8:52 am
I'm guessing she straps in your kids on the way home so it all evens out.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 8:53 am
How old is the kid?
Ask the parent if the child knows how to buckle themself in alone.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 8:55 am
Well, she's buckling your kids in the afternoon right? Is there somewhere you can pull over like a driveway? I would be more concerned about the fact that these kids are waiting outside unsupervised :/

ETA or are they inside until they see you? That's OK

amother

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 10:13 am
In my carpool, whoever is doing the driving buckles the kids.

mommy27

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 11:22 am
I think it's the carpool driver who buckles the kids, usually.

tovli toraspicha

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 12:08 pm
does the other mother unbuckle your kids and take them out of the car after pickup or do you have to come out and get them?
if she does, then you are even...

granolamom

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 1:27 pm
I hate carpooling but it usually it better than the alternative. its rarely fair/square but if you will be carpooling for the next many years eventually it all evens out (maybe the next carpool you find your self in will work out in your favor somehow).
try to let it go.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 3:22 pm
thanks for all your replies was really hepful! didn't realize this was the norm thanks

loveit

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 4:05 pm
At our school for morning carpool the child's parent buckles them in even though during afternoon carpool the driver buckles them. Even though it's awkward, I would ask that the husband buckle in his own kids. Mornings are usually so rushed it's the fastest and safest method to have the child's parent do it

amother

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 6:36 am
Usually you know your car's buckles better than someone else, so it's quicker and easier for the driver to do the buckling. I wouldn't do it on the side of the street, though - better to pull into the driveway. I once had a playgroup carpool with a mother who always wanted to buckle her own kid - so annoying because it took her longer than it would take me, and then her daughter would need extra kisses and bye-byes, and she always stopped to chat a with me and I usually just wanted to get going. Much easier just to do it yourself.

But every carpool is different, just discuss these things beforehand so you're all on the same page.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers