Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Do you have dust ruffles

INSPIREME

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 1:58 pm
I am getting new linen for my girls' bedroom. They have regular furniture with frames on the beds. Would you do dust ruffles, or not? I prefer a very clean, crisp look, and would love to skip the dust ruffles (which if I do get would be a very tailored look with one box pleat) but I am afraid it will look like something is missing.
TIA

zaq

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 2:13 pm
I do not have them and if someone gave them to me I would cut them up to make curtains. Dust ruffles do not prevent dust from collecting under the bed, and they are a royal nuisance when you want to vacuum or sweep underneath. Unless you wash them on a regular basis, which is also a pain, they get incredibly grungy-looking. The only reason I would even think of using them would be to hide underbed storage, but using nice-looking storage containers seems like a more sensible way of doing things.

animeme

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 2:28 pm
I use one on my high riser to hide the bottom bed, and might use them in a girls room if I have clear storage containers under there. If you're big on neat and your girls push things under their beds, it might make you feel better to have the ruffles hide it. But otherwise, you don't need it.

Leahh

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 2:56 pm
Another perspective: I got rid of mine when we got bedbugs because the exterminator said it's a way for them to get from the floor to the mattress where they like to nest and from there to the people that they feed off of.
If I ever got dust ruffles again ther would not touch the floor.

granolamom

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 4:10 pm
I prefer dust ruffles (or bedskirts) to an uncovered box spring. if you have nice beds that hide the box spring or have a platform instead of the box, then I'd go without the bedskirt, its a clean look. not like something is missing at all.

DrMom

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 4:12 pm
No, too fussy for my tastes.

chips1

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 4:14 pm
Leahh wrote:
Another perspective: I got rid of mine when we got bedbugs because the exterminator said it's a way for them to get from the floor to the mattress where they like to nest and from there to the people that they feed off of.
If I ever got dust ruffles again ther would not touch the floor.

I had the same situation and don't use dust ruffles now for the same reason.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 5:16 pm
granolamom wrote:
I prefer dust ruffles (or bedskirts) to an uncovered box spring. if you have nice beds that hide the box spring or have a platform instead of the box, then I'd go without the bedskirt, its a clean look. not like something is missing at all.

I agree -- I always use dust ruffles because otherwise you see the box spring and frame.

What I'd like to know is how one can use a dust ruffle on a hi-riser to hide the frame and bed below? The slits don't fit it right. Do frum stores have special ones that work for hi-risers?

I'll be purchasing a large number of hi-risers soon for our new home's guest rooms and really want to put dust ruffles on them.

busydev

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 6:28 pm
I have bed skirts in my bedroom to hide all our underbed storage esp since our frames are on the high side. I would not have them otherwise tho.

IMHopinion

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 6:44 pm
OOT- the frum stores sew them up with a Velcro on top that attaches to the bed that way.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 6:47 pm
Thanks for letting me know that. I do plan some major NY shopping when we are close to finishing our house.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars