Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Sleeping in clothes

flmommy

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 7:47 pm
My DS has sensory issues. Lately he has been asking me if he can sleep in his school clothes. Ya I know it's weird but he is such a pain in the am that I am considering it. What do you think?

granolamom

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 8:01 pm
to quote my favorite preschool teacher, you've got to choose your battles and sometimes I choose not to battle.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 8:05 pm
At least let him change to clean clothes so he can go to school and that's one less battle to fight in the morn!

Emotional

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 8:09 pm
amother wrote:
At least let him change to clean clothes so he can go to school and that's one less battle to fight in the morn!

Assuming he doesn't wet his bed or perspire heavily in his sleep, this should work.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 8:19 pm
When my dc were small, if we were traveling and had to leave home in the wee hours, I'd put them to bed in the clothes they were to wear the next day--preferaby fabrics that don't show wrinkles-- so in the a.m. all we had to do was put shoes on them. They were freshly bathed and the clothes freshly laundered, what's the problem?

Not that I'd normally advise this as SOP, but if a young dc is making a Federal case of it, what's the harm? It's "different", but different isn't necessarily bad.

Frumdoc

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 8:26 pm
Wasn't there some parenting book that advised this, to save time in the mornings?

It also advised putting wet sheets straight back on the bed to avoid ironing, IIRC.

imasinger

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 9:46 pm
My DD with sensory issues does this, too!

Shall we talk shidduch in a decade? Very Happy

flmommy

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 9:47 pm
That's funny imasinger!

happymom4

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 9:49 pm
I know someone else that did this for a while...His mom's rule was he had to shower & change into clean school clothes before bed.
Good news is - less laundry to wash!
Good luck - and like all other funny habits of children this to shall pass!

JMM-uc

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 2:23 am
If it's clothes that don't show wrinkles, go for it! My sister did this with her kids when they were little (gave them a bath before bedtime and change into fresh clothes) it makes mornings much much easier!

ElTam

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 6:31 am
My kids all went through a stage where they wanted to do this. I let them go and they outgrew it. I just made sure they changed their underwear (this can get overlooked if you aren't switching into pajamas and if your kids don't bathe/shower every other day) and if they looked too wrinkly in the morning they had to change their clothes.

ETA: My kids all have eczema to one degree or another. They cannot bathe every day without winding up with cracked, bleeding skin. Just in case someone wanted to judge.

Lady Godiva

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 9:10 am
Bathe him at night, so he'll be out of his dirty clothes already. Then, if he insists, put clean clothes on him for the next day and let him sleep in those.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 12:15 pm
Lady Godiva wrote:
Bathe him at night, so he'll be out of his dirty clothes already. Then, if he insists, put clean clothes on him for the next day and let him sleep in those.

Must push out of the way....thousands of other imamothers...all racing to matching thread title to poster thread....I shall win....

zaq

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 2:49 pm
Frumdoc wrote:
Wasn't there some parenting book that advised this, to save time in the mornings?

It also advised putting wet sheets straight back on the bed to avoid ironing, IIRC.

Not wet sheets--sheets right out of the dryer. You would never want to put wet sheets on a bed, both because they would make the mattress wet and possibly cause staining, and because it would take a very long time for the bed to dry, and it might not even be dry by bedtime. Sleeping on a bed with even mildly damp sheets is rather unpleasant.

devash1

Post Mon, Nov 10 2014, 4:24 pm
I don't see anything wrong with it, my son does it every night. He's a turtle in the morning and it saves major arguing in the morning. He loves wearing his Jammie's on Shabbos and vacation days.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics