Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Would love to start a gan in RE

newmommy:)

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 11:58 am
Hi all!
I saw this post a while ago written by amother and am reposting it because I would love more current information....if anyone has thoughts to share! thanks

I'd like to start a gan in Ramat Eshkol. Thinking about opening a group for 1.5-2yr olds or 2-2.5 year olds. Any other imamothers out there who send their kids to gan here? What are the going rates? How big are the groups? Do the ganenets have assistants? Are the gans legal (ie on the books?) What are the hours? What type of calendar (I.e. Bais Yaakov vs Yeshiva)? What are the consequences if you have to switch your child - do you have to find a replacement?

Just trying to do my research to have the best yr possible!
Any answers or other info is appreciated!!

cityofgold

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 12:04 pm
Try posting in the LII forum, you may get more answers there.
Good luck!

Dev80

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 12:14 pm
The going rate in Ramat Eshkol is 600 (although there may be a few that charge 650), in sanhedria it may be a bit cheaper like 550.

The groups are normally between 8 - 13, a gan with 8 may not need an assistant depending on the dynamics of the group, 9/10+ should have an assistant. Gans with assistants usually take them for about 2 or 2.5 hours.

Most gans are not on the books, although they may be a few that are.

Hours are generally 8:30/8:45 - 1:15/1:30 and fridays for a couple of hours, until 11:15/11:30/ a few go til 12.

Most go according to the iriya/ bais yaakov vacation schedule but start RC elul (BY starts september 1st, and end the day before RC av (BY ends earlier than that, maybe even a month earlier). The accepted practice is that you get paid for all 12 months (including AV, not cheaper in nissan/tishrei)

There are different policies for if a child switches out.

FYI there may be a need purim/Pesach time for a 1.5-2 year old group. I know a few started that time last year and they got booked really quickly because then people decide to send out their one year olds that were home before that.

I'd strongly suggest getting in touch with gannenets (even near your street) to get their info on policies and to see their contracts. Feel free to PM me and I can give you some name/numbers

Hatzlacha!!

Rainbows613

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 3:41 am
Hi I used to do a Gan. Don't miss it for a second. Dev80 put in a lot of useful info in her post.. Just a few things-

1. If you do a Gan make sure all your mothers sign a contract - very important
2. Make sure you are not stepping on any other gannents toes first = you'll benefit in the long run when they recommend you to others..
3. Make sure you are prepared for the constant crazy mess
4. First time mothers are the worst - they mamash don't stop criticizing - they think their 1.5-2yr old (who needs love and hugs and toys in gan) should be learning parsha and who knows what else.... (don't worry I did teach them - daily davening and a weekly concept like negel vasser/ tzadaka etc)

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss more....

roika

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 3:16 pm
I mostly agree with dev80, but I live a few blocks over and pay only 500.
The hours are 845 till 1:00
Last year I paid 470 and got hours from 8 till 1:30 for a 2.5-3 yr old gan
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics