Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Looking for OT for children under NJ Family Care

rikki 1

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 12:31 pm
I am looking for OT for my two sons (ages 6 and 9). The school doesn't want to allow OT's in and I can't seem to find OT's under NJ Family Care besides for Childrens Specialized Hospital which is somewhat of a drive and have very bad slots available. Any ideas where I can go/who to call?I"m located in Lakewood.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 12:57 pm
Call tender touch I think they work with jersey care. Maybe they can connect you with an OT near you. Or see if they take jersey care for their clinic.

rikki 1

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 1:00 pm
thanks but I tried them already and they didn't seem to take it. any other ideas?

amother

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 1:12 pm
if you get them evaluated through the board of ed. they can get services in the house/office on princeton ave. That's where took my child. I also went to the hospital for special sercives and they offered a little more than the board of ed did. It depends which location you drive to but it took me only 12 minutes to get there (high way - a few exits). I think you should call tender touch again. I think they dont send ot's to schools.

rikki 1

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 1:22 pm
How do I go about getting eval wiry board of ed?

rikki 1

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 1:30 pm
OP here. Also as far as Board of Ed- would the services have to be connected to performance in school? the stuff I need OT for doesn't show up much in school, more in the home.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics