Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Why is my towel load soaking wet?

amother

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 12:01 am
Is this normal for towels?

Every other load that comes out of my washing machine comes out wet obviously, but normal. they get dry in about 40 minutes in the dryer.

When I do towels they come out soaking wet. Like they weren't wrung. They're so heavy with water. feels like they fell into the bathtub.
And they need 3 dryer cycles to dry them.

Is this how it should be because towels are heavier than regular clothing? Does anyone else have this?
Otherwise my machine is fine. Could something be wrong with it? Should I maybe have it on another setting?
I don't know laundry stuff so well...
thanks!

momX4

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 12:09 am
Are you sure the spin cycle finished properly? If the balance is off, some washing machines will stop until you reload the stuff. Try putting on the spin cycle again and see what happens.

acemom

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 10:04 am
What setting do you wash it on?

Some settings like Permanent Press or Delicate (if they are options on your machine) do not spin the load completely.

If you have an "extra spin" mode, use it too.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 10:12 am
It was on colors/cottons setting. The standard I use for most of my loads.
I'm glad I posted. I did not think of doing the extra spin. I'm pretty sure my machine has that.
I'm curious though- is that what you're meant to do? Do you all do that or only if it didn't seem to spin enough the first time?
thanks!!

redroses

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 10:20 am
Towels absorb a lot of water so they may need more spinning time than regular clothes. Just set it to spin again and then you can dry it regularly.

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 10:35 am
it's more about the balance - some machines have an automatic safety mode & turn off if the clothing is imbalanced causing the machine to spin out of control ...

open the machine - shift the towels in a more even way - a few on each side - then put them through another spin cycle

it probably only happens to the towels because of their water retention & weight capacity

it won't help - or should I say what a waste of time & money - running a dryer 3 times over

dr. pepper

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 11:02 am
I have had top and front loaders. I've found it to be more common with front loaders.

Greenfire, interesting about shutting off. I never heard of that but it certainly seems to make sense.

When it happens, I just set it to the drain/spin cycle.

But if you find that after trying to balance it well, it still requires extra draining, you make want to call a repair person. Or you can decide to just live with having to re-spin the towel loads Very Happy

Good luck!

shiam

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 11:23 am
OP, Do you have a front or top loader? How old is it?

piece

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 11:40 am
it used to happen to me. maybe the load is too heavy. try to put in less
& see how it goes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry