Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Deleted

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 3:13 pm
[link removed]
-merelyme, as mod

Dev80

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 3:15 pm
I dunno if people should click that link, it took me to a strange looking google page. maybe OP can specify what this is?

Kitten

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 3:19 pm
OP, post under your screen name and comment. It looks like you are working for or at least promoting alibaba.

supermom3

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 3:34 pm
Thanks for the stock tip (not). Maybe you could have told us this morning. Hindsight is 20/20.

The stock market had a great week so far (not as good today). Other stocks took such big jumps this week too. The trick is to sell it on time.

(and I also didn't use that link - too weird)

imasoftov

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 5:55 pm
The link is to the "Let me Google that for you" site, which when used as directed, is a way of saying "why did you ask me a question that you could have answered yourself using Google?". What it's doing in this spam is anyone's guess.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/.....mgtfy

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 10:03 pm
Sorry.

Alibaba went up 8.25% in five days, if you click on the five day chart.

That is a record for any stock this year.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Jan 26 2016, 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

doctorima

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 11:16 pm
OPINIONATED wrote:
Sorry.

Alibaba went up 8.25% in five days, if you click on the five day chart.

That is a record for any stock this year.

I'm confused - you're saying the most that any stock has gone up in 5 days this year is 8.25%? That doesn't seem to make sense. There are companies that get bought out and taken over, and their stocks go up more than 100% in just one day.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 11:41 pm
doctorima wrote:
I'm confused - you're saying the most that any stock has gone up in 5 days this year is 8.25%? That doesn't seem to make sense. There are companies that get bought out and taken over, and their stocks go up more than 100% in just one day.

I had no idea. Could you please tell me the names of such companies? We have $1,000 to invest and we are saving up for another car.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Jan 26 2016, 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 11:46 pm
I can Google that for you, or....

doctorima

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 4:40 pm
OPINIONATED wrote:
I had no idea. Could you please tell me the names of such companies? We have $1,000 to invest and we are saving up for another car.

Stocks are very risky, and if you need the money in the short term to buy a car, you should NOT be investing it in volatile individual stocks like Alibaba. What can go up 50% can go down 50% (or more). And if you don't know what you're doing, the odds are that you'll end up losing a lot more than you make. If that doesn't dissuade you, if you google "best performing stocks of 2014," I'm sure you'll find plenty of information.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics