Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Lev BY vs Masores vs Bnos Yisrael vs BYA Elementary Schools

viv1263

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 3:23 pm
trying to decide which school to apply for my daughter for next year kindergarten and I'm getting such conflicting information. I've seen posts about this from a couple of years ago but would appreciate more up to date information on each of these schools:
Parent Body, Education Level, Middos, Tuition prices etc?
thank you in advance!

amother

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 11:34 pm
Not the OP but would like to hear replies too.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 12:47 am
You should ask your local neighbors where they are sending their girls.

I have a cousin who teaches at Mesores. Each class is different. One year she had a class of spoiled brats.

Every grade is different, which is why you should ask your friends.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 26 2014, 5:47 pm
Bump

amother

Post Sun, Oct 26 2014, 7:58 pm
I love lev. They have the cheapest tuition by far but no breaks. They are extremely warm and easy to talk too. They really really care. The academics got better and im very happy with it. My daughter has a very down to earth normal class.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 26 2014, 8:00 pm
Are they strict with who they accept?

amother

Post Sun, Oct 26 2014, 8:01 pm
They are getting stricter as its becoming more popular school

amother

Post Sun, Oct 26 2014, 9:05 pm
Another vote for Lev. And yes, they check. They are trying to keep the school as a Bais Yakov, and are strict in regard to different issues. Its a phenomenal school, across the board.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 10:37 am
For these schools, what is the parent body like?
Where do the parents send their boys to school who send to these schools?
Also what is the tuition for these schools?

Thanks!

amother

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 11:11 am
Lev is a big mix. I send to Mir others send to Chaim Berlin, Torah Vodaas, Chofetz Chaim, Most of the parent body is a down to earth not flatbushy type. Tuition is about 7,000 all inclusive which is cheap but no breaks whatsoever.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 11:38 am
I send to Masores preschool and am extremely happy. The preschool director, Reb. Zolty really knows each child and the teachers are wonderful. The girls really learn a lot and the kindergarten program is top notch. If you need specific information please PM me.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 10:28 am
I'm the amother who asked about parent body, school and tuition.

Thanks for the info on Lev.

To the Masores parent: I can't PM you because you are amother. would you be able to give more info on the parent body? What about full tuition price? thanks!

Does anyone send to BYA here?

amother

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 10:39 am
I send to Bnos. Yeshivish warm parent body and admin. Tuition around $7200, yes breaks. Very happy there.

Used to send to Masores. It really is class by class what kind of hashkafic mix you get, and there's a risk for fancy flatbushy types. (but even they can be nice Smile ) My concern was many peers had TV's...

Almost sent to Lev. they also have students with tv's. hashkafic mix, wide spectrum, but I agree with the poster that said down to earth type, not so flatbushy, sort of an out of town feel. beautiful school (bldg) and all.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 11:04 am
Obviously we will get parents with TVs, but I would really prefer that not be the norm in the school.
I ask what Yeshivas the parents send to because it usually gives an idea of what their hashkafa is.

I know that Lev is the only BY that doesn't have an office no TV policy. It's nice because then people don't lie, but it also makes me wonder about their hashkafa.

Bnos is not on the table for us right now, but thank you for your info. Can I ask how many years ago you sent to Masores?

amother

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 7:23 pm
Last year. Although, very offhand, it seems like the newer parents are more down to earth. (Just a casual observation from passing them by...)

amother

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 7:26 pm
same amother as 7:23 and 10:39 here:

I THINK a lot of Masores brothers go to Torah Temima if that means anything to you...

Since dd is my oldest, I get a better feel for the Yeshivas based on the Bais Yaakovs the sisters go to, opposite from your case
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics