Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Popular toy for 1st grade girls in Brooklyn?

amother

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 9:51 pm
I don't send dd to school with toys, but she mentions toys that her classmates bring in...
I'd like to send her with something comparable since she is a bit shy and awkward, hoping this would help her have confidence etc...

She described something like My Little Pony and American Girl Dolls (probably the knock offs)... Could anyone link me to anything specific that they know to be popular?

Thank you.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 9:57 pm
My dd was in first grade in Brooklyn last year and no one ever brought toys (except for loom bandz when they were in)
Gel pens were very "in" last year in her class. This year any kind of cool coloring item is "in". If the girl's are bringing dolls, kohls has a good knock off American Girl Doll going on sale on Black Friday.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 10:13 pm
OP here, yeah I think it's ridiculous that they bring such things to school. DD even described some toy video camera someone brought. I can't imagine her making such things up...

In any case, thanks for the heads up on Kohls, I will see if I can get the deal online.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children