Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Problem with lasagna noodles

gmgv

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 11:24 am
so I've made the noncook lasagna recipes a few times and each time I make it, dh complains that the noodles are a bit hard (they end up kinda al dante). I tried cooking the noodles beforehand, but they all stuck together and I couldn't pull them apart without destroying them. I tried cooking them with oil, to no avail. Does anyone have a secert tip on how to cook lasgna noodles or a recipe where the noodles come out rly rly soft (dh won't like unless they're rly soft).

etky

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 11:33 am
Soak them in very warm tap water for about 15-20 min. before assembling the lasagna.

momX4

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 11:36 am
make the lasagna without cooking the noodles. Pour water around the inside of the pan until it covers about 3/4. Bake (75 min, I think). Let it sit 15 min before serving.

mha3484

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 11:38 am
I soak the noodles in hot tap water for about 20 minutes or so until they are pliable and then assemble.

gmgv

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 1:43 pm
Mha I've tried such a method and the noodles came out hard. Could it be that I didn't use enough water?

Mom that's a new method I've never heard. Do u boil the water first, keep the noddles on the fire etc or just put them in hot top water?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 1:48 pm
The kosher by design spinach lasagna recipe is no fail - just baked covered entire time, add a bit more time to compensate for leaving it covered, and only uncover once lasagna is Don for only 10-15 minutes until top cheese is bubbly.
If you need help finding the recipe, let me know.

oliveoil

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 1:54 pm
add lots of liquid and cook covered for a long time. Might take 2 hours if you need it really soft.

imasinger

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 2:02 pm
I don't know how my recipe differs from yours, but the noodles are always fine and soft for us:

Boil1 jar sauce with 1 jar water.

Mix 16 oz ricotta, 8 oz mozzarella, 1/4 c parmesan.

Line pan with boiling liquid sauce mixture, add 3 uncooked noodles, cover w sauce, half blended cheeses, cover w sauce, noodles, sauce, cheese, sauce, noodles, sauce. Sprinkle parm cheese on top, cover, bake 50 min at 375. Remove from oven, uncover, top with 4 oz mozzarella, recover and let sit for 10 min.

Lady Godiva

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 5:35 pm
Use the regular lasagna noodles (not the non-cook). They're so much better.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 5:39 pm
Lady Godiva wrote:
Use the regular lasagna noodles (not the non-cook). They're so much better.

This

Here is a no fail recipe
4http://imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=158486&highlight=spinach+lasagna
Bake covered for about 1.5-2 hours. Then uncover for 10-15 minutes until cheese on top is bubbly.

zaq

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 6:35 pm
If you use raw noodles, cover the pan very tightly with foil and bake covered. The liquid remains in the pan and soaks into the noodles. You may have to adjust the volume of water so you end up with lasagna and not lasagna soup but your noodles get soft and your oven stays cleaner.

gmgv

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 6:42 pm
Thanx for all the replies! I think I'm going to try another recipe cuz I'm wondering if the recipe I used didnt have enough liquid or wasn't baked for long enough.
Ra-mom thank you for posting the link however for some reason I can't open the link. Do you mind reposting?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 8:00 pm
gmgv wrote:
Thanx for all the replies! I think I'm going to try another recipe cuz I'm wondering if the recipe I used didnt have enough liquid or wasn't baked for long enough.
Ra-mom thank you for posting the link however for some reason I can't open the link. Do you mind reposting?

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....sagna

Sorry about that. Hopefully this link works.

gmgv

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 10:27 pm
Thanx! I'm gonna give this recipe a try Smile

wife2

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 12:01 am
I always bake lasagna without precooking noodles and I use noodles that are not no cook noodles. I put a little water and a LOT of sauce all over the bottom of the pan, in between layers, and on edges/sides of pan and corners of noodles so they don't get hard. Bake it for 1.5 hours or more if you want it really soft and keep it tightly covered

ilovesem

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 7:24 am
I boil them for about ten mins, like pasta but for less time. After ten mins I immediately drain the water and run them under cold water for 30 seconds or so to prevent them sticking together. Always works for me.

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 8:33 am
& that's why I never make lasagna ...

spring13

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 10:09 am
Try cooking just a few noodles at a time, and stirring to keep them separate. They only need to be in the boiling water for a couple of minutes (they don't need to be fully cooked, just flexible) so it doesn't actually take that much time. Then drain and lay them out on a sheet of foil or something until you're ready to assemble.

gmgv

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 1:00 pm
So I finally got around to trying the spinach lasgna and aside frpm having to bake it for 3 hours, it was delicious! And even picky DH approved...I think we've found a new favorite!
thanx all for your help!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 5:07 pm
gmgv wrote:
So I finally got around to trying the spinach lasgna and aside frpm having to bake it for 3 hours, it was delicious! And even picky DH approved...I think we've found a new favorite!
thanx all for your help!
Wow, that's a long time Smile
So glad it worked out!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals