Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Plus size gown rental BP

girlzrus

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 12:33 am
Where can I rent a plus size gown (approx. size 22) for my brothers wedding? Boro park or surrounding neighborhood.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 12:41 am
good luck, it's slim picking out there (irony intended). when I was looking for a gown, I called every rental in the ezra and asked if they carried plus sizes. most places said they do, but when I got there, only had one or 2 pieces and terribly outdated. I ended up getting by belle of the ball, but it wasn't quite my taste.
if you can find a dress in a department store that'd look good with a shell, that's your best bet. it'll end up costing less than a rental

amother

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 12:47 am
I'm amother from before.
something like this could be stunning
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com.....SPypA and would end up being about as much as a rental or possibly less. many of the rentals are offering shell gowns anyway.

mommy of boys

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 9:03 am
I dont remember the name of the place but if anyone can help you with that, there is a place on 38th street between 12 & 13 that carries regular and plus sizes. they also do the alterations so they really make it fit u right.
good luck!

chaya35

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 9:09 am
mommy of boys wrote:
I dont remember the name of the place but if anyone can help you with that, there is a place on 38th street between 12 & 13 that carries regular and plus sizes. they also do the alterations so they really make it fit u right.
good luck!

Precious Elegance is in that neighborhood. I always see then advertised. Look thru the Esra they have all the gown place advertised.

girlzrus

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 9:10 am
Hi, op here. Thanx for your responses. Amother can u please repost the link its not opening and would like to see it.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 12:11 pm
Mazel tov! If you can't find anything to rent, you might want to try Macy's. There are beautiful long skirts, sleeveless gowns (think matching or coordinating shell), etc. And you can always shorten for other simchos.

peanut37

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 12:29 pm
There is a place in Flatbush on Coney Island called Tznius Princess... they are expensive but have plus size or can custom make it for you to rent.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 6:17 pm
Do you have more info on tznius princess? Address, phone #? Are they a rental or do they sell? Also approx what is their price range?

amother

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 10:55 am
amother wrote:
I'm amother from before.
something like this could be stunning
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com.....SPypA and would end up being about as much as a rental or possibly less. many of the rentals are offering shell gowns anyway.

Does anyone know where I can find this gown? I really like it and I can't find it on sale anywhere since it's an older gown. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

kb

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 11:40 am
I believe Bridal Direct does, or will make for you. Coney and P

amother

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 2:14 pm
Premiere Elegance makes gowns for very reasonable.
347-871-4211
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics