Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Have you met little Duvy?

Yael

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 8:51 pm

Have you met little Duvy?

He leaves a trail of havoc wherever he goes with his paint splattered hands and muddy feet. Yet this bundle of mischief is the ultimate gift.

Duvy in motion, a heartfelt video pays tribute to the inspiring work of Bonei Olam and exhorts parents to count their blessings - and appreciate their children for who they are.

Show your support at www.boneiauction.org

Paid Ad

Zehava

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 9:09 pm
I dont like them saying that anyone who
Isn't experiencing IF is taking their kids for granted. I'm not. I thank god for them every day.

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 9:40 pm
I really do not think that they were implying people who have not experienced infertility take their children for granted, although I see where you took that from. A parent loosing their cool doesn't mean that they take their child for granted, and it is clear that this mother is very thankful to have Duvy.

Unfortunately, many people do take their children for granted, even those who waited years to have them. Many parents do not take their children for granted: constantly thanking Hashem for them and staring in awe at their accomplishments. Many people are waiting for their wish of a child to be granted as well. That being said, I'm sure that every healthy parent that experienced infertility and birthed a child does feel something extra special because of their difficulties in conceiving that child. That does not take away from or make anything less of what parents who have no experienced infertility feel towards their children.

I believe that the message that the ad was aiming to portray is how thankful parents are for their children. I think that that could have been expressed without using phrases like "I'm sorry for when I lost my cool," or "I screamed when..." and rather would have been more powerful with pictures of the child making a mess and the mother just snapping photos and feeling thankful. Then again, I'm not a producer, and this is what they wanted.

I think that Bonei Olam speaks for itself with its wonderful deeds and that any ad would work. It's a wonderful organization that helps many people. May Hashem help them to continue their support for all of those who need it and may all those waiting for a child be granted their wish.

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 7:35 am
yes I've met duvy & keep wondering if it's mama bear's kid ...

may everyone have the strength to deal with the brochas hashem gives us - even when they come with challenges !!!

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 7:43 am
Zehava wrote:
Isn't experiencing IF is taking their kids for granted. I'm not. I thank god for them every day.
I think they were saying for granted as in being able to have kids, thats for granted, not that people who dont go through IF take their kids for granted. As in getting pregnant.

yogabird

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 11:09 am
Zehava wrote:

I also got the sense that there was something off with the message. It's a glorified version of "don't complain about your baby that kept you up all night because there are some people who are dying to have that"

pause

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 11:11 am
Again with eat-your-supper-because-there-are-hungry-kids-in-Africa persuasion! Rolling Eyes

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Nov 15 2014, 7:48 pm
greenfire wrote:
yes I've met duvy & keep wondering if it's mama bear's kid ...

may everyone have the strength to deal with the brochas hashem gives us - even when they come with challenges !!!

Mama Bear, is he really your son?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics