Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Fail proof Friday night chicken recipe please
Previous  1  2

cinnamon

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 7:20 am
June wrote:
OT - what is the turbo? I have it on my new oven and can't figure out what it is....

I'm not completely sure what it does or how it works but It makes a fan go on which I think distributes the heat better and somehow makes the oven hutter.
Things cook quicker with it on.
And I read that you can put two pans in the oven when it's on (but never tried it)

heidi

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 8:05 am
Thanks everyone for taking the time to help. I like alot of the ideas and look forward to trying them out!

greenfire

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 8:27 am
never use a blech or plata or whatever - by the time men come home from shul - the chicken is dead & buried

use the oven & simply start cooking 1 1/2 - 2 hours before shabbos [you can prepare in advance if you need to so you can just pop it in] then just turn off the oven before you bentsch licht

sprinkle olive oil, pepper, garlic, paprika - rub in bake or you can skip the paprika & add rosemary - simple & divine

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 9:02 am
Covering chicken leaves in the steam and keeps it moist, no matter how you season it (even a dry rub will have moist -- not crispy -- chicken). I put my chicken in about 2 hours before licht benching, covered, and leave it in the turned off oven until ready to serve.

Sanguine

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 9:19 am
This is my perfect and so easy chicken recipe

I make an average of 6 chicken bottoms

sprinkle onion soup mix on bottom of pan (I always use a pyrex)

add a little water - basically just enough to disolve the soup mix a little (maybe a drop more, but I'm not making boiled chicken)

place chicken pieces on top

cover with foil

Bake at 350 for an hour + 40 minutes (depends on your oven - my oven isn't turbo and I think I have an insulation problem)

Uncover chicken. Sprinkle Paprika on top and baste with the juice in the pan (there will be a lot)

Bake an additional 10-20 minutes uncoverd to allow the skin on top to get crispy

I bake it Friday afternoon so it doesn't have a chance to be really cooled

Heat on plata. There's plenty of juice with it so it stays moist and delicious

I don't think there's an easier recipe than this and it's delicious

Raisin

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 9:23 am
I cook my chicken on high 200 centigrade (400 f) fan oven for about an hour. Before shabbos I turn it down to 100c and leave it there on a timer to go off when we need it. (1.5-2 hours)

my chicken gets cooked just before shabbos because I hate reheated chicken.

Yocheved84

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 10:44 am
PS Remember, the women on here made a cookbook. You might find a recipe there. Smile

heidi

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 3:51 pm
All your suggestions were great, but Greenfire, I'm trying your idea for Shabbos. Thanks so much!!!

Chippies

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 8:19 pm
Is turbo like a convection oven? I've never heard the term "turbo" before.

etky

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 1:34 am
Chippies wrote:
Is turbo like a convection oven? I've never heard the term "turbo" before.

I think so. In Israel it's called turbo - though it's generally just a setting, that utilizes the fan, among other baking options like conventional radiant heat, that the oven offers.

Jewishmom8

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 4:31 am
mix brown sugar and ketchup and shmear on top.
its amazing every time

heidi

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 12:30 am
Thanks to all those (Greenfire, Raisin) who said to cook chicken right before Shabbos. I popped it in 1.5 hours before Shabbos started, added all the other stuff I wanted to keep warm 7 minutes before Shabbos and then turned off the oven as I was lighting candles. The chicken was perfect!!! And all the other stuff was perfectly warm, not boiling , but totally fine and yum!!!
Thanks all of you for taking the time-- it probably seems silly, but I feel I finally have a solution for something that was bothering me--may all our problems be solved so easily!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey