Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Putting away outgrown clothing

happy chick

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 2:33 pm
I always pack away the clothing my children outgrow. some things I actually use again, others not. I dont have much storage space, and the containers cost a lot of money. is it ridiculous to put away clothing?

bookie

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 2:44 pm
I have put away all my kids clothes in diaper boxes. I have two dd both born in November. I thought I would be able to use all of it. However, my second dd is tiny so she is a smaller size by each season. Also even though I am not into fashion at all I cant put baggy pants on my tiny three year old dd now.

Was it worth it to save yes, because I have used a lot of stuff but I do store it by my parents, if I had to do it here I never would store it.

zaq

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 3:09 pm
It depends. If the stuff is in good condition and of good quality, it only makes sense to save it. Handknit all-wool sweaters can often be passed on to future generations if they were treated gently.OTOH a synthetic stretchie that's already been worn by three or four children, is a mass of pills and snags and was inexpensive to begin with, probably not. You have to balance your need for living space and your need for frugality.

imaima

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 3:33 pm
happy chick wrote:
I always pack away the clothing my children outgrow. some things I actually use again, others not. I dont have much storage space, and the containers cost a lot of money. is it ridiculous to put away clothing?

I have always put away, but now I slowly realize that I just really love to shop and regardless of how much I have, I always buy new things for new babies. besides, there are always things like tights, socks, and hats, that just get lost and have to be bought again (not to mention, they shrink!)

So I agree, only put away good quality things that don't look like shmatta to begin with.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics