Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby Has A Cough

luppamom

Post Sat, Nov 15 2014, 2:01 pm
My 4 mo. old has a cough and her nose is a little bit runny. I took her to the doctor who said it's not in her lungs b"H. But, she is having coughing fits that sound painful and is waking up a lot. Any ideas of how to make her feel better, help her sleep.

pickle321

Post Sat, Nov 15 2014, 2:27 pm
luppamom wrote:
My 4 mo. old has a cough and her nose is a little bit runny. I took her to the doctor who said it's not in her lungs b"H. But, she is having coughing fits that sound painful and is waking up a lot. Any ideas of how to make her feel better, help her sleep.

Clearing her nose will help her cough. Use saline spray/drops and then suck out the snot with a nasal aspirator or bulb. Bring her into the bathroom and turn on the the shower to very hot and just sit in the bathroom with her, the steam will help. You can raise the mattress of her crib slightly by putting a pillow UNDERNEATH the mattress not on top. Hope this helps

amother

Post Sat, Nov 15 2014, 6:14 pm
luppamom wrote:
is she vaccinated? Maybe to set your mind at ease ask ur dr if it could be whooping cough which he can test for and give antibiotics if early on in treatment

Think1st

Post Sat, Nov 15 2014, 6:38 pm
1. Have you tried hot vaporizer

2.Whooping cough is recognizable by the gasp of air after the coughing. That is where the name comes from the whoop sound .

3.Is the child on formula that may occasionally be the cause. exclusive nursing or goats milk. may be the solution

pickle321- Great advice

amother

Post Sat, Nov 15 2014, 10:15 pm
all I can say is trust yourself.

I took my baby to the doctor the day before Erev RH because I knew she had croup. At that point it wasnt so prominent but the doctor confirmed it was headed there.

The next day on Erev RH she kep on getting worse. I called the doctor, and because of her age (5 months) he told me to go to the ER. I spent RH night in the ER getting her treatments.

I do not regret anything I did, I am happy I bothered the doctor on Erev RH and didnt say "oh its just croup taking it's course, I'll make sure its okay to do a steam bath and have the humidifier on and the housekeeper refill it, etc. and she'll be fine, its just croup!"

I'm happy I called the doctor and asked for steroids (my oldest but needed them, not my other kids) and I'm happy that I advocated for my child.

luppamom

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 1:54 am
Thanks everyone for all the good ideas! I am EBFing her, so formula should not be the issue. She did just get her Dtap which she did not have a good reaction to (that was a separate thread). The cough started pretty soon after the vaccination.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 6:04 am
luppamom wrote:
Thanks everyone for all the good ideas! I am EBFing her, so formula should not be the issue. She did just get her Dtap which she did not have a good reaction to (that was a separate thread). The cough started pretty soon after the vaccination.
unrelated. Refua shalaima

Think1st

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 7:12 pm
If you want a natural product, recommended by a few top MDs. PM me to get it FREE
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics